Increase font size
Topic Title: Need some installation info please
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/29/2003 03:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/29/2003 03:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
erok foxx

ok , heres my deal .. i just received my new processor, to replace my current one..
my motherboard is a Biostar M7VKD and i already did the checking before ordering the XP 1700 , and it is compatible... my question is what are the steps to intalling the new chip in my board ? i have never done THAT before but am very capable of peforming my own upgrades... do i just switch them and away i go ...or do i need to change bios settings? any help or advise is appreciated , i really dont want to be sorry i did it without knowing first.. thanx
 10/29/2003 04:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
[borg]

well you should be better reading manuals the web but here it goes...
turn off the computer, remove heatsink, clean the heatsink base with pure alcohol or acetone (to remove thermal compound)
use the small metal lever on the cpu socket to release it and just take it out. apply thermal compound in a very thin layer on the new cpu's die, place it into socket,put the lever in the old position, maybe rub some thermal goop into heatsnik base, remount the heatsink carefully, and set the CMOS reset jumper on your motherboard. boot your computer. then remove cmos reset jumper (set it to default position) and boot again, this time the computer will POST, enter bios and change your cpu settings...

-------------------------
Barton 1833@2200 (11.0x200) AQXEA 0329 XPMW 1.75vcore
NF7-S rev2.0 + 2x512 DDR 400Mhz + SLK-947U + TT SF II
FX5600 256 DDR 350/450
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information