Increase font size
Topic Title: Year's worth of trouble
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/10/2005 01:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/10/2005 01:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
fivesecondzero

Ok, here's my situation. I bought a system from Tiger Direct about a year and half ago. And I've had trouble with it every day since. Here's the specs.

XFX GeForce MX4000 64Mb DDR AGP Video Card w/ S-Video Out

Seagate 7200rpm 120gb EIDE Hard Drive

Viking PC3200 DDR 512mb & 128mb RAM

AMD Athlon XP2800+ CPU w/ 333FSB Barton Core

Artec 52x32x52x Internal IDE CDRW Drive

Soyo Dragon KT600 Plus Motherboard
Chieftec Mini Dragon Case w/ 400-watt Power Supply

Windows XP Service Pack 2

It was one of those systems that came un-assembled, so I had a friend assemble it for me. As soon as we got it together it started having problems. We had to remove the ABR from the board just so we could get it to run for 10 seconds without doing a system halt. We got it running but realized it was only running at 1.2 GHz. We went ahead since it was running and installed WinXP. After Windows was finished we took it apart and switched the FSB. It was running at speed after that but crashed constantly. So I reinstalled Windows and that didn't help either. I went ahead and decided just to let it stay at 1.2 for a while since I needed it and didn't have time to work on it. Well in the following days I started getting BSOD's giving me a variety of different error messages, including Page Fault in Non-paged area, some IRQ not less than or equal error, a yield operation process error, and just a general your computer has detected a serious problem and will be shut down. All of these followed by the memory dump message. Well I decided maybe my ram was too slow ( I had PC2700 in at the time) so I called TD about the problem but since it had been over 30days they wouldnt do anything. So I replace the RAM anyways to no avail. My computer processor is running warm (about 62 degrees) even though I've got a couple fans in it, its no help. The computer gives me BSOD's randomly for no reason (including just sitting at idle) and is very unstable. If I try to burn an mp3 cd to Audio CD with Nero it BSOD's. If I switch songs too fast in WMP it BSOD's. Does anyone have any insight at all as to what this could possibly be and how to fix it?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information