Increase font size
Topic Title: Can't get PC to POST w/ 2600+ or 2800+
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/24/2005 12:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/24/2005 12:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
LarryRR

You guys may be my last hope. I'm troubleshooting a friend's PC and getting nowhere. Currently, the mobo is a Newegg refurb MSI K7N2 Delta2-LSR, an Athlon XP 2600+ (Thorton), 512MB of PC3200 RAM (K-byte), an ATI 9500 videocard. I used an digital multimeter on the CPU as suggested in a another recent post and got a reading of 10 ohms. The CPU is a "working pull" I purchased last week and apperars to be in excellent condition.

When I hook everything up, there is power to the HSF, the videocard, optical/hard drives, and the LAN jack lights up. I do not get power to keyboard, mouse, or USB. Hard drive and monitor lights remain amber. There are no beeps and my Soyo TechAID debug card says "FF" (CPU functionality issue) with RAM in and removed.

I have succesfully used the RAM and videocard and hard drive in another system (Intel, alas) so I should be able to rule them out. I also cleared the CMOS by removing the battery and using the pin jumper.

This is the second CPU I've tried. The 2800+ also registers 10 ohms though it looks somewhat dinged on the die. It has responded no differently than the 2600+. Any thoughts...? Thanks in advance!

Larry
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information