Topic Title: new CPU INSTALL XP3200+
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/27/2005 06:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/27/2005 06:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ZONIAN

HOW DO I DO IT?

the system started after i removed the old cpu from this board and installe d the new one and re-booted, and told me i had changed my cpu; and i couldn't figure out how to change what was showing here, it started it at the lowest speed which is at 1800mhz.
i want to set it to the factory settings to run as designed at 2200mhz.
i need a blow by blow description of how to do that.

-------------------------
Zonian
 04/27/2005 06:47 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

#1 read the manual

#2 do what the manual says

Not trying to sound mean here...but all manuals I've seen will tell you what to do..

MD

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

04/27/2005 07:07 PM

Author Icon
ZONIAN

QUOTE (MD Willington @ Apr 27 2005, 03:47 PM) #1 read the manual

Not trying to sound mean here...but all manuals I've seen will tell you what to do..

MD
MD,
IF I KNEW WHERE TO GET A MANUAL I WOULD NOT BOTHER POSTING HERE AND WASTING YOUR TIME.
I USE CAPS BECAUSE OF MY EYES, I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND.
NOW ,
I ORDERED THIS NEW CPU FROM AN ONLINE COMPANY AND IT CAME TODAY.
I BOUGHT THE LEAST COSTLY OEM CPU.
THEY ARE DELIVERED IN A LITTLE BOX BY THE POSTMAN AND THEY DON'T COME WITH AND DOCUMENTS EXCEPT A PACKING SLIP.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST.
MAYBE SOME ONE ELSE WILL BE WILLING TO HELP OUT.
I SEE THAT YOU ARE A MODERATOR HERE, I LOOKED AROUND THE SITE BEFORE I DECIDE TO POST AND CAME BACK AND SAW A NEW NAME IN A DIFFERENT COLOR, YOUR NAME,IT WASN'T HARD TO NOTICE.
ARE YOU NATURALLY THE WAY YOU ARE OR DID YOU LEARN HOW TO BE THAT WAY?
MAYBE THESE GUYS THAT JUST REPLIED TO MY QUERY WILL HAVE AN ANSWER.

Dear Valued AMD Customer,

Thank you for using Ask AMD(sm) to send us your question. Your request
for assistance has been received by our email management system and assigned Case ID 480023. Be assured that your email will be promptly addressed by one of our qualified Technical Support Analysts during normal business hours*. We look forward to assisting you, and appreciate your interest in AMD.

Please note: this is an automatically generated acknowledgement. Please
do not reply to this email.

Best Regards,
AMD Technical Service Center

*Business hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST and Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM PST
(excluding holidays)

REGARDS TO INVESTORS RELATIONS.
I STILL WILL NOT SELL ANY OF MY SHARES.

Zonian
 04/27/2005 07:21 PM

Author Icon
ZONIAN

I BOUGHT IT FROM THESE NICE PEOPLE HERE.

Thank you again for your order from Pcmemory-stores (Enet Marketing Inc.). Please come to visit us again.

If you are a "PRICEWATCH" customer, please take a second to give us your " FEEDBACK ". We need your advise to provide more good products and greater service as our goal. Thank you so much. ( Please go to "www.pricewatch.com", go into the item page you were ordering from, find "enet marketing inc" then you can give us your "feedback". Thanks again )

You can check the status of your package by UPS or USPS tracking number 24 hours later.

Here is UPS, FEDEX and USPS Website:
UPS Web: www.ups.com
FEDEX Web: www.fedex.com
USPS Web: www.usps.com

The following items have been shipped to:

NAME REMOVED BY ME,ZONIAN********************** CENTRAL POINT OR 97502 US United States

using USPS PRIORITY 3 DAY ( P.O. BOX OK)

The shipper's tracking number is REMOVED BY ME,ZONIAN

You can always find out the current status of your order by going to
http://order.store.yahoo.com/OS/stat?pcmemory-stores' ">http://order.store.yahoo.com/OS/stat?pcmemory-stores REMOVED BY ME,ZONIAN.

Name Code Qty Each Options
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD ATHLON XP, 3200+ CU-AMDXP3200B4 1 120.00 Shipping Option = FREE PRIORITY
,512k Cache (Barton), 2.2 MAIL OR UPS/FEDEX 3 Day Without
Ghz, 400 Mhz Lost/Damage Libility Insurance
(Shipped) CPU Cooling Fan Option = No thanks
USPS Tracking Number: CPU Warranty ( Retail box) Option =
912103962921200053761 OEM package with 30 days House
warranty
Pre-test & Burn-In Option = No, I
don't neet it
Thermal Compound Option = No thanks
Software Option = No thanks
ComputerMake = teststst
Subtotal 120.00
Coupon discount -3.00
(cu3200b4)
Subtotal 117.00
Shipping 0.00
Tax 0.00
Total 117.00

This completes your order. Thank you for shopping with us.

Zonian
 04/27/2005 07:26 PM

Author Icon
AMD808

Please, Zonian, calm down. MD wasn't being mean at all. The fact is, if you have built your computer barebones, then there should be a motherboard manual, which will tell you the basic information you need to setup your computer.

Now, I must ask you, did you purchase this CPU as an OEM package? i.e CPU only. It is weird for your CPU to be defaulting at a FSB of 166 MHz, but that may just be because of possible jumper settings.

Proper speed for the 3200+ is:

200 X 11 = 2200 MHz; FSB = 200 MHz.

9 times out of 10, the multiplier LOCKED, so it will not be changable.

EDIT: OK, so it is a retail packaged CPU. Again, chances, are the multiplier is locked.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 04/27/2005 07:29 PM

Author Icon
Dancer

QUOTE (ZONIAN @ Apr 27 2005, 06:07 PM) QUOTE (MD Willington @ Apr 27 2005, 03:47 PM) #1 read the manual

MD
MD,
IF I KNEW WHERE TO GET A MANUAL I WOULD NOT BOTHER POSTING HERE AND WASTING YOUR TIME.
I USE CAPS BECAUSE OF MY EYES, I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND.
NOW ,
I ORDERED THIS NEW CPU FROM AN ONLINE COMPANY AND IT CAME TODAY.
I BOUGHT THE LEAST COSTLY OEM CPU.
THEY ARE DELIVERED IN A LITTLE BOX BY THE POSTMAN AND THEY DON'T COME WITH AND DOCUMENTS EXCEPT A PACKING SLIP.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST.
MAYBE SOME ONE ELSE WILL BE WILLING TO HELP OUT.
I SEE THAT YOU ARE A MODERATOR HERE, I LOOKED AROUND THE SITE BEFORE I DECIDE TO POST AND CAME BACK AND SAW A NEW NAME IN A DIFFERENT COLOR, YOUR NAME,IT WASN'T HARD TO NOTICE.
ARE YOU NATURALLY THE WAY YOU ARE OR DID YOU LEARN HOW TO BE THAT WAY?
MAYBE THESE GUYS THAT JUST REPLIED TO MY QUERY WILL HAVE AN ANSWER.

Dear Valued AMD Customer,

Thank you for using Ask AMD(sm) to send us your question. Your request
for assistance has been received by our email management system and assigned Case ID 480023. Be assured that your email will be promptly addressed by one of our qualified Technical Support Analysts during normal business hours*. We look forward to assisting you, and appreciate your interest in AMD.

Please note: this is an automatically generated acknowledgement. Please
do not reply to this email.

Best Regards,
AMD Technical Service Center

*Business hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST and Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM PST
(excluding holidays)

REGARDS TO INVESTORS RELATIONS.
I STILL WILL NOT SELL ANY OF MY SHARES.
Flaming a Mod is not cool my friend, everyone here is here on a voluntary basis. Using caps is yelling, and it doesn't cut it saying it was for your eyes when your original post was not capitalized. Your posting on an AMD forum with a MB question, which is fine because there are many helpful people here who will try and point you in the right direction. If you google your motherboard like I just did you will be able to download your manual. Since it seems you don't want to take good advice or you are just to lazy to, here is a link to it. http://www.asus.com/support/do...tem....delName=A7V8X-X' ">http://www.asus.com/support/do...aspx?ModelName=A7V8X-X
Peace my friend, MD was just trying to point you in the right direction!

Come join our Team and help find cures for the world!
AMD FORUM FOLDERS

<span st
 04/27/2005 07:44 PM

Author Icon
ZONIAN

just for you,
even with the firefox set up to have large fonts it is very difficult to see.

now can you be helpful?

being direct and to the point is hardly flaming someone.

maybe he is just having a very bad day and didn't think that there are folks that come here to ask for help because they don't have an alternative, and certainly don't have an instruction manual.

Zonian
 04/27/2005 07:48 PM

Author Icon
AMD808

Dancer was kind enough to link you to your manual above.

I have given you the proper settings for the 3200+ to run at its proper speed. Now, do you know how to enter the bios setup?

04/27/2005 07:52 PM

Author Icon
ZONIAN

QUOTE (AMD808 @ Apr 27 2005, 04:26 PM) Please, Zonian, calm down. MD wasn't being mean at all. The fact is, if you have built your computer barebones, then there should be a motherboard manual, which will tell you the basic information you need to setup your computer.

now that is not something that i would have thought of since that manual is two years old and i'm sure i can find it.
that's the kind of suggestion that i wish i had gotten in the first place.

all i'm doing is trying to test the new cpu to make sure it is ok.
it is running or i would not be able to post here.
but it is running at 1800MHz not at 2200MHz.

i have the multipler 11x
and all i need is a little direction, i can't figure out how to get to the page in the BIOS or wherever i'm supposed to go to change the settings.
any ideas?

but the reason fro wanting to test it is beacuse my new coolermaster arrived today and the power supply came yesterday along with the arctic silver.
and now im waiting for the new asus a7n8x e deluxe to show up and im going to put it all together.

Zonian
 04/27/2005 08:00 PM

Author Icon
ZONIAN

all of these posts are crossing in the net and i hope you guys get to read the whole thread again.

what a mess.

Zonian
 04/27/2005 08:12 PM

Author Icon
Stone_age
Alpha Geek

Ok, The A7V8X-X, being you said it was 2 years old, has the KT400 chipset, and not the KT400A. It is not designed to run at 200 fsb, but allows 200fsb as an overclock, however without the 6th divisor, meaning a PCI bus speed of 40mhz, instead of the 33mhz pci bus that everything else in your system runs off of. Not recomended, as you can easily fry a drive at that bus speed. When you get your A7N8X, that will run 200fsb and well above, and has a locked PCI bus.

Phenom II X6 1055T, Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Phenom II X4 945, Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H
Zacate E-350, MSI E350IS -E45

http://classicplatforms.com
 04/27/2005 08:28 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator

MR.CLARKE/ZONIAN

I have received your PM...I did not mean to offend you in anyway.

I quickly posted the first 2 steps as noted above
"MD was just trying to point you in the right direction!" simply because I was in the middle of something else, and I figured the other guys in the forum could provide you with a more in depth explanation, there are some smart cookies around here!

As far as caps go, I write to a USMC Cobra pilot currently in Iraq, we use all caps to communicate, I have also worked with a man who did 2 tours in Vietnam with the USMC, both under-age to boot, he always wrote in caps.

Here in the forum though a lot of people take caps as yelling, as you can see from the other posts.

My relatives were in the Military, British Military in WW2 & CDN armed forces there after, so I can honestly say to you,

Thank you for serving!

The rights we enjoy, including the rights to discussion in an open forum come from your endeavors & sacrifices.

To recap:

So again, I am sorry if I have offended you in any way...

Now, let’s get your PC running Devil Dog!

MD

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

04/27/2005 08:50 PM

Author Icon
ZONIAN

i'm glad you read my PM rather than delete it.
i appreciate the response.
i run into young people on the internet all the time that don't have a clue as to why some folks are using capitol letters.
even with this huge ViewSonic E220 monitor, i cannot see the writing to read it without these glasses that the veterans administration pays for every year/trifocals and ones that are for the focal distance to read while seated twenty inches away from the monitor.
so that's two separate pairs of glasses.
what a pain to have to constantly get up and switch glasses all the time.
young folks think that caps is yelling, i know, i've heard it before.

it's an old song.

before i got the firefox it was miserable.

well i'm just waiting to get the new asus motherboard to install the power supply and then go to work on this new box.
i think that this is the last one for me.
i'll not need to make another.
i just wanted to make the mother board and ddr dimms match-up to the same frequency and that was my excuse to buy the new CPU.

this case is the best looking and best built case i have ever seen.
the pictures on the coolermaster website don't do this thing justice.
and they have already installed three cooling fans in it for me.
what do you think about that?
it even looks like it may be anodized.

Zonian
 04/27/2005 08:56 PM

Author Icon
ZONIAN

QUOTE (Stone_age @ Apr 27 2005, 05:12 PM) Ok, The A7V8X-X, being you said it was 2 years old, has the KT400 chipset, and not the KT400A. It is not designed to run at 200 fsb, but allows 200fsb as an overclock, however without the 6th divisor, meaning a PCI bus speed of 40mhz, instead of the 33mhz pci bus that everything else in your system runs off of. Not recomended, as you can easily fry a drive at that bus speed. When you get your A7N8X, that will run 200fsb and well above, and has a locked PCI bus.
based on what you just posted then i'll not try to fix this.

the board that it is in
is an ASUS A7V8X (no other X)

i'm looking at the box,
it supports 333MHz fsb and it has the KT400 in it.
i'll have to wait until i get it in its new home
the asus A7N8X E DELUXE
before i try to make it run as designed.

Zonian
 04/27/2005 08:57 PM

Author Icon
ZONIAN

Now, let’s get your PC running Devil Dog!

i just noticed this.
OOOHRAAAAH TO YOU !!

Zonian
 04/27/2005 09:06 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator

Were all cool here..just helping out!

Semper Fi!

MD

04/27/2005 09:11 PM

Author Icon
Dancer

Good luck with the new rig ZONIAN! Looks like it should rock.

Come join our Team and help find cures for the world!
AMD FORUM FOLDERS

<span st
 04/27/2005 09:21 PM

Author Icon
ZONIAN

QUOTE (Dancer @ Apr 27 2005, 06:11 PM) Good luck with the new rig ZONIAN! Looks like it should rock.
i sure hope so,this is something that i have been wanting to get for some time.
GOD! i wish you could see this cooler master tower.
the pictures on the website don't do it justice,i must have said that to several people already today.
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/...etai...ductCode=141612' ">http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/...jsp?ProductCode=141612

Zonian
 04/27/2005 10:01 PM

Author Icon
kevo
Overclocker

QUOTE (ZONIAN @ Apr 27 2005, 05:21 PM) i sure hope so,this is something that i have been wanting to get for some time.
GOD! i wish you could see this cooler master tower.
the pictures on the website don't do it justice,i must have said that to several people already today.
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/...etai...ductCode=141612' ">http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/...jsp?ProductCode=141612
Yes, it is a very nice looking case! Good luck on your setup.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
Gateway GT5426E
ATI Radeon HD 5750 GPU
4 gig DDR2 ram
550 watt BFG PSU
Vista home premium
 04/27/2005 10:01 PM

Author Icon
AMD808

The A7N8X-E Deluxe is a very good board.

Remember, when you first install the CPU, it will be defaulted to a 100 MHz FSB as a fail safe defualt. To enter the bios, hold down the DEL (Delete) key at POST (Power On Self Test). IIRC, this board has jumper(s) which need to be configured - the motherboard manual will have all the information on this.

QUOTE all of these posts are crossing in the net and i hope you guys get to read the whole thread again.

what a mess

Maybe MD will do a little clean up for us.

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information