Increase font size
Topic Title: Athlon XP 2400+
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/07/2006 04:00 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/07/2006 04:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
*AbominatioN

ok, i have an Athlon XP 2400+ 266fsb, which i ran for a year and a half, both on this mb, a dfi ad75 and a msi k7n2delta, i took it out of the msi board when i upgraded to a 3200+ barton. when i reinstalled it into the dfi board, it would no longer post. the monitor stays red, the lights and fans on the computer come on, the keyboard lights blink repeatedly, but nothing else happens. it beeped long and loud the first time, but now no beep, nothing.
have tried it in 3 different boards with same results. new power supply, same result.

I am wondering if i damaged the processor when i removed the arctic silver 5 from the previous install. i used 70% isopropyl alchohol then reapplied a thin layer before reinstalling the heatsink.

I have already ordered another processor to verify, but if i can fix this one it would be nice....is it possibly i damaged the Lx traces when i cleaned the processor?

-------------------------

XP3200+
1 gb Corsair pc3200
MSI K7N2 Delta
WD 80gb hd x2
 01/07/2006 07:43 PM

Author Icon
Stone_age
Alpha Geek

Did you clear CMOS??? Beeping is not the usual thing that happens with a dead CPU. Its usually nothing at all. Try clearing CMOS, if that doesent work, pull the cpu, re-clean it, and reseat it.

Phenom II X6 1055T, Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Phenom II X4 945, Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H
Zacate E-350, MSI E350IS -E45

http://classicplatforms.com
 01/08/2006 09:40 PM

Author Icon
*AbominatioN

yes, already did all that, as i said, just beeped the first time, doesnt do anything now so im pretty sure its a dead cpu. it mightve got some static or a hundred other things, but its not the mb, vid card, memory, psu as ive tested them all so im pretty sure ive narrowed it down to a fried cpu. ill know as soon as the xp2200 i found gets here (was cheaper by almost half of the xp2400 i found).

XP3200+
1 gb Corsair pc3200
MSI K7N2 Delta
WD 80gb hd x2
 01/09/2006 12:43 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

Try this procedure to determine if the processor is damaged.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/asset...t_ty...tation_UK-S.pdf' ">http://www.amd.com/us-en/asset..._Presentation_UK-S.pdf

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information