Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD Athlon II 160u Upgrade
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/11/2011 11:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/11/2011 11:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
68LABunny
Lurker

Hello, I'm new here and need some help. A a friend just closed his shop and I acquired an "E-Machine with Windows 7 64 bit, an AMD Athlon II 160u processor and 2 gig of memory. I'm upgrading this new machine and have already replaced the 230 W power supply with a 500W unit. I have 2 gig of memory on the way which when installed will give me 4 gig total. My big problem what AMD processor will fit the AM2 socket? This machine is less than 11 months old and yet it has a AM2 socket with a Athlon II 160u in it. I want to run a 3.0 Gig or higher processor. Which one will work and is the pin configuration 938 or 940? When this is done I'll get a ATI video card as the computer came with a Blur-Ray burner and I like good games.

Can someone suggest a replacement upgrade for the Athlon II 160U that will work on my board. The board is a generic ASUS MA061l-D3 ATX.

Help........... Judy

-------------------------
J Bug
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information