AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: [n] Does power supply has anything to do with M/B?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/26/2004 01:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/26/2004 01:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
nirav

Hi all,
I am using Intel CA810E with P-3 550 MHz, 128 SD RAM and case with microATX!!
I don't know what this form factor is. What's that? And is it related to mother board or power supply (SMPS)???
Also, If I upgrade to say new Athlon XP /Sempron, will my existing case (micro ATX) work with new motherboard (ATX/microATX)?

I don't know much about this...
Can any one post some information abt form factor and the relationations with other parts of PC..
Also, what DDR RAM PC2100, FSB of RAM suggest?

Hope some one shed some light on this...

Thanks,
Bye
- Nirav

-------------------------
AMD 64 3000+
 11/01/2004 01:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
xamlit

Okay, there are a couple of things you want to consider when you are upgrading to a new computer.

1) Is it worth it scavening parts from other computers (Ram, Harddrive, Powersupply)
Some things you can always reuse : Floppy Drives, Cd Rom Drives, Cables, Power cords.

2) WIll your case provide proper ventalation for you computer?
If you look at older computers especially ones provided by people like Dell, Compaq, Hp (that group) you will see that there is 1 to none fans installed in your case. If you are planning on going the sempron route you need to install some fans on your computer case. If you comp case dosen't support i then you need to replace it. Remember, heat is the #1 killer of computer components.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information