AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: OCing Sempron 2500 help beyond 230fsb?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/16/2005 06:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/16/2005 06:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Serge84

Wow I would like to OC this good like other ppl are getting 320fsb. I can never get my OC's stable beyond 230fsb, I been OCing for about a month with no luck, I know I tryed very little. Please help? Here are my current specs...

(I'm in the middle of getting more hardware upgrades for my new comp But this is what I have now)
Gigabite K8VM800M 754 (Have)
Sempron 64 2500 (Have)
Kingston PC3200 DDR400 Hyper X 1(256mb) (Have 1) Will buy another soon!
Prob needs AGP Card, will get Geforce FX6200 (128mb)
Temps are 30C to 40C idel. So I'm all good to OC this thing todeath.

If I bought this... Would 2x(256) PC4300 Kingston Hyper X Evalution DDR533 help me OC if I turn it down and use the underclocking to my advantage as I bring up the fsb on everything? I realize AMD's are not ment to have that speed nore does my board support speeds up that high but I'm sure it will work as DDR400 by auto or someware around the max speed of the MEM slots. I sure can get DDR444 on them so far as my highest MEM OC. Maybe DDR500 is possible on them too. That DDR444 is like PC3500 or something OCed.

My Powersupply is a 300watt and fine.

I have been persistant with OCing, constintly reinstalling my OS. The works, learning how to OC within the limits of the system I have. I always knew the speeds like this were possible as in the posts of the topic "Sempron 2500 fsb320+" But I have failed at high fsbs. My system is stable at 230fsb if I turn the memory down to 100fsb and run it at 1750mhz cpu speeds. But the ram is very low in DDR around DDR300mhz or less.

When I have the cpu fsb at 220mhz then I can get the ram fsb upto 220fsb and the speed at DDR444mhz. But my cpu speed is only 1540mhz. I'm sure the one stick of memory is limiting me. How in the world are you guys getting your kingston memory upto DDR500? I know 250fsb in the memory will deffinitly do that. If I change my memory to 166mhz and went up to 320fsb it would do that. The boards limit is 455fsb thanks to gigabite but impossible to get to pritty much. Can anybody tell me what is limiting me? I know I should get another stick of ram and a GPU. So will that make the difference in the end to get my sys maxed out?

Can anybody help me out here?

PS: I tryed those insane FSB's from many numbers. The biggist frq I could get was 303fsb and the rest are black such as 320fsb, 330fsb, 340fsb and so on. They just blow out my registery everytime until my HD will not funtion. I have 2 partitions so I keep the registory and a 2nd OS on there so I don't need to keep on redoing the freakin OS install install install. The bios goes crazy if I try it in there over 250fsb. The screen gets all funky. Maybe my volts are the prob. Its the only thing I can't change... Is that limiting me? But if I OC on the OS then it lets me go high like 303fsb for like 5mins then the registery blows. My memory must be generating errors. I keep it really fast like 2CL. My timeings are 2CL-3-3-8. Maybe I should make them higher for OCing for the molment? Doing low CL is nice in the end but it could be generating too much errors. Sometimes it will do 2-2-2-8. I never mess with the actoul timings such as RAS and Cycle times.

I have Bios Spred Spectrum options I disable them, AGP volts up to 0.2+ I keep it auto, CPU/MEM FSB options, can not change multiplyer, has MEM options such as change fsb 100/133/166/200, fsb is intigrated into the cpu so the 2 fsb of the MEM and the CPU both multiply by say 220fsb cpu and 220fsb. I can not change MEM volts. But I can change all MEM timings. Getting higher voltage ram may solve that problem. I also cant change the cpu volts. If any of this helps and you can help me then I thank you!
 10/18/2005 01:15 PM

Author Icon
r3sil3

You do NOT want to run your FSB at 320 unless your HTT multiplier is at 2x. you do NOT want to take your HTT speed above 800 mhz, even if it is lower than 800, you will not tell a difference.

Forumla = cpu internal clock * htt multiplier = HTT Speed

Example: mine is at 1832 mHz on a 2800 stock 1600
It goes like this

229*3=687 HTT Speed
229*8= 1832 CPU Speed

-------------------------
NO PC As Of NOW!

I'll still be on here once in a while.
 10/20/2005 01:49 AM

Author Icon
Serge84

Never mine, I figured out the mem timings. Very stable now, runs 275fsb nicely, no more registery problems crashes or funky screens, mem errors was the prob all along. Wow and I can tell a difference in my HTT speed. FSB is better then speed in the clock CPU. It means your motherboard is comunicating with your processor at the same speed as the cpu is processing data at. Some motherboards can only do 1000fsb, some do 1600fsb. But those are stock speeds. If you stay stable beyond your processor and motherboard fsb then your cool. But they must stay the same to get a difference. If your sys cant go that high with the fsb then it doesn't support beyond tollance speeds. If you have a gigabite board, those are made perpously like that for ocing. Thats why the company teases. XD
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information