Increase font size
Topic Title: Buying New Sempron 3000+
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/13/2005 04:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/13/2005 04:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
craigwojo

I'm going to purchase a AMD Sempron 3000+ and looking for a motherboard for it. I've looked through the reccommended mb but still have the question of "What motherboard is the best and at the best price"
Looking for a solid motherboard with USB Booting Support and works well with the AMD Sempron 3000+.
I'm sort of a newbie when it comes to technical issues with the inners of a PC, but have a decent amount of knowledge for building the machine. (Did my last 3).
In the past I've used Abit, Tyan, Gigabyte motherboards, but I would like to hear what others have to say about the new boards out there.
Also, if you know of a good site to purchase combo units (motherboard and cpu), please post.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Craig
 02/13/2005 04:39 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

A good overall no frills motherboard I usually recommend is the Shuttle AN35 Ultra. It's a decent price board with decent features.

http://global.shuttle.com/Prod...erBo...pec.asp?M_id=49' ">http://global.shuttle.com/Prod...d/mbd_Spec.asp?M_id=49

Check for Sempron Compatibility, last time I checked it was Sempron 2200+ ready, a quick email to shuttle and they will be able to tell you if it will take a Sempron 3000+, there should be no reason why it would not support that cpu though.

MD

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

02/13/2005 05:09 PM

Author Icon
AMD808

I'll second that board.

If you want something with extra features... Then the MSI K7N2 Delta2 series would be a good choice. Gigabyte's 7N400 Pro2 has some of the extra's as well.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 02/13/2005 05:26 PM

Author Icon
craigwojo

Thank you everyone.
I'll look into it.

Thank you,
Craig
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information