Increase font size
Topic Title: Optimal Temperature for Sempron SDA2500AIO3BX
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/06/2006 03:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/06/2006 03:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
The_YongGrand

Okay, so I got this processor and pair it up with my K8MM-V.

Hmm... the initial temperature is around 37 degrees Celcius, but after 10 or more minutes it goes until 44 Celcius and just stopped there. I leave this system with HW monitor in BIOS alone just to test the temps.

Is it normal temp? Because, this PC won't start (that silly CLR CMOS jumper is in CLR position) and I just happen to flip it back and let it run properly. Before that, I thought I'll be dealing with a processor which is placed in a wrong direction so I took out the heatsink, checked and put it back, breaking the seal. And clumsily, I put it in the another direction (the plastic cam-lever thingy is previously facing the right of the m/b but I accidently placed the other way round.)

I'm a little worried that doing that will hurt my brand sparkling new Sempron 2500+. Please enlighten me.
 04/06/2006 03:38 PM

Author Icon
jarvis1906

quote:

Originally posted by: The_YongGrand
Okay, so I got this processor and pair it up with my K8MM-V.

Hmm... the initial temperature is around 37 degrees Celcius, but after 10 or more minutes it goes until 44 Celcius and just stopped there. I leave this system with HW monitor in BIOS alone just to test the temps.
Is it normal temp? Because, this PC won't start (that silly CLR CMOS jumper is in CLR position) and I just happen to flip it back and let it run properly. Before that, I thought I'll be dealing with a processor which is placed in a wrong direction so I took out the heatsink, checked and put it back, breaking the seal. And clumsily, I put it in the another direction (the plastic cam-lever thingy is previously facing the right of the m/b but I accidently placed the other way round.)

I'm a little worried that doing that will hurt my brand sparkling new Sempron 2500+. Please enlighten me.

Hmmm....I'm not familiar with that board...have you downloaded motherboard monitor to
check the temps that way? BIOS temps can be more or less misleading (several degrees incorrect)
The max operating temp for a Sempron is either 69 or 70 Celcius. You don't have to worry about that processor burning out at such low temps. Normal operating temps seem to be between 30 and 35 for this processor while idle and up to 40 under load.

Did you say that you inserted the processor the wrong way? Did you power on the PC when you did this?
I don't really understand. If you are having problems with your PC starting, that could be the culprit, but I'm not sure exactly what you are saying is happening. Please elaborate for more assistance.

Thanks!

-------------------------
Sempron 64 3100+ OC'd to 2.5 GHZ (313 FSB @ 1.58 volts)
Abit NF8 Motherboard
Aspire X-Cruiser Case
1 GB DDR 3700 Elixir Ram @ 133 Div.
Thermal Take Big Typhoon HSF
Generic 450W PSU
Radeon 9550 @ 460/280*2
Dual Maxtor 7,200 RPM Drives @ 120 GB
Audiophile 24/96 Soundcard

04/06/2006 08:55 PM

Author Icon
The_YongGrand

Okay, now after testing it the temps are okay now - around 39~41 in idle. Thanks for your assistance.

As far as I know - the processor will only fit in one direction into the socket and not any other way round. So I couldn't have fitted it in a wrong way, since the processor fits perfectly. And I even fitted the heatsink properly, thanks to the AMD Processor Installation Videos.

But... the cam-lever is a little hard - I need a little bit of force to click it in.

And about the motherboard (MSI K8MM-V) there's an error in the manual book.
The CLR CMOS jumper should be in this position:

||
||

instead of this PRINTED in the manual book:

||
||

(Sorry I don't know how to draw this jumpers, so I use this symbols instead. Hope you understand.)

Of course, when I build the PC I will follow every detail in the book, and got my jumper on the CLR CMOS, so it wouldn't start at all. I thought the board is faulty, and after three hours of tinkering I finally simply try to flip the jumper in an opposite way and finally got it started!!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information