Increase font size
Topic Title: Help about AMD sempron maintenance thanks
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/16/2006 10:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/16/2006 10:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
maharotness

Hi im not pro in computer sorry just want to ask about maintenance tip of amd sempron processor any maintenance tips and yesterday i bought AMD sempron 2600+ 1.60GHZ is that the real speed of 2600? Only 1.60GHZ? And about cmos setup should I enable the cool and quiet technology? i saw a software that i need to install in AMD website im conrious about this technolgy is this cool and quit lower the setting of my processor i mean low setting less power consumption so it makes slow performance? And is my cpu is hyper transfer technology? sorry i dunno what exact is. and one important thing im online gamer and i have a games that able to bot and im botting 24/7 i mean im turning off my pc straight only 6 hours off is this good idea im planning to off my pc in a week for wednesday 7am-12pm then saturday and sunday 7-am-12pm also then rest day is 24 hours on is this good in sempron my casing is aluminum and have cooling fan in the other side of my case. And about benchmark? what is that? should i really need that im a gamer i heard that its more on gaming. or should my ATI radeon 9250 128mb supports that benchmark thingy sorry im not pro thanks in advance.

PS. plss post tips of maintaining my processor will greatly appreciated.
should i really need to enable the cool n quit technology and if there is others plss help.
 04/18/2006 11:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ricardo2kn6

Hi i have the same processor as you and cool and quiet isn't supported by the semprons so ya may aswell turn it off! My computer is permanently switched on for downloading games, music and movies, i'd say it get's a reboot every week or two, so no worries there, 1600 Mhz is the stock speed for the 2600+ all the 2600 means is in comparison to an intel chip. The semprons do more work per clock cycle than an intel so don't need to be clocked as high to get the same effects! My sempron was on stock alluminium cooling for months while overclocked to 2000Mhz from 1600Mhz and the temps where fine and not going above 40 degrees C under load! If you want to benchmark your graphics then i suggest you use 3D Mark or AquaMark 3, For cpu and memory benchmarking i'd recommend using either Sisoft Sandra 2005 or Prime 95 Torture test!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information