Increase font size
Topic Title: New sempron 64 2800+ owner
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/16/2006 10:57 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/16/2006 10:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
isandir

Hey all! I am the proud owner of a new Sempron 64 2800+. This is my first AMD processor, and I am not completely sure what to expect. I am moving from a 3 ghz P4 machine with 800 mhz FSB. How will this new processor compare? I switched because my P4 has been creating excessive heat. I am hoping that this machine will be a bit cooler. I dont expect it to run faster, but hope it doesnt go too much slower. Anyways, just wanted to stop by and say hi.

-Isandir
 02/17/2006 05:12 AM

Author Icon
nagaty_h

quote:

Originally posted by: isandir
Hey all! I am the proud owner of a new Sempron 64 2800+. This is my first AMD processor, and I am not completely sure what to expect. I am moving from a 3 ghz P4 machine with 800 mhz FSB. How will this new processor compare? I switched because my P4 has been creating excessive heat. I am hoping that this machine will be a bit cooler. I dont expect it to run faster, but hope it doesnt go too much slower. Anyways, just wanted to stop by and say hi.

-Isandir

i can guarantee you that the sempron will run cooler..

-------------------------
 02/17/2006 09:54 AM

Author Icon
bvchurch

quote:

Originally posted by: isandir

-Isandir

Welcome to the forums and I think you will be nicely surprised. The AMD Sempron 2800 should run much cooler, meaning arond 30-40*C idle, and load should be 35-45*C. It will also perform very well compared to the Pentium 4 3ghz.
 02/17/2006 10:21 AM

Author Icon
zeppelinrox

congrartulations i'm sure you will be happy with it.
it compares very well with pentiums.
in fact its performance at stock settings is close to a Pentium 2.8 ghz
you can read more in this article http://www.xbitlabs.com/articl...ispl...mpron-2600.html
yours may perform better because you would have a newer stepping

-------------------------

Overclocking Help and Links . Why DRM, BluRay and HD-DVD Blow Great tools-> OC Bible v1.52 and Guidemania v1.2
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information