Increase font size
Topic Title: Windows XP getting restarted frequently
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/17/2006 09:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/17/2006 09:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mutyalarao

Hi All,

I recently got a AMD Sempron 2500+ assembled PC with Gigabyte mother board . I had installed Windows XP on it and was puzzled to see the system getting rebooted all of a sudden. This happened several times. I tried ,but failed to find a reason why its happening that way becoz it was not a particular application/process during which its rebooting. Sometimes it stays fine for a certain long time and when I get seriously involved in something..it reboots at once without any notice. i am really getting irritated about this. I am also worried about the hard disk getting damaged due to these unhandled reboots. I am more surprised coz the same Windows XP installation is working on another machine(anyway its an Intel PC!!. I am a kinda wondered is there any sort of incompatibility between WIndows and Sempron? Can you please guide me getover this problem? /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />
 03/17/2006 10:30 AM

Author Icon
k2aka111

I have a GIGABYTE GA-K8U mother board with a sempron 2800+ and I was having the same problem. It turned out i had a bad hard drive. Really look into that. I need to get a new hard drive I'll get back to you when i put in my new HD.

-------------------------
Selling Asus M2N32-SLI deluxe & X2 4200+. PM me if interested
 03/17/2006 01:42 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

Welcome to the forum mutyalarao

Could you please list all of your system componets.

Thanks

MD

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

03/17/2006 10:53 PM

Author Icon
mutyalarao

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies. Actually i could have put in the entire sustem spec. Here it is:
mp : AMD Sempron 2500+
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M -( SOCKET 754 - via K8m800 - 2 184PIN DDR - onboard VIA6103L VTChip)

HDD: Seagate 80 GB
512MB RAM

I guess this info should be enough.

03/17/2006 11:04 PM

Author Icon
elite_athlon

What Powersupply do you have?

Join a real forum - http://www.compsupportforums.com/
 03/18/2006 01:18 PM

Author Icon
Toxic91

This happened to me when I overclocked (or at least tried to) my CPU. The computer kept restarting all the time and well... I put the settings back to normal after realizing what was wrong.
 03/20/2006 08:01 AM

Author Icon
mutyalarao

Well...I am right now away from home..so i will provide the info abt power supply once i reach home.

regarding overclocking...I havent actually overclocked the processor....but just tried using the tool "EasyTune" given in gigabyte motherboard CD. I mean i once increased clock speed by a bit and decreased. However the problem was there before i tried this.

If in case the cause of the prob is overclocking how can i retain the normal settings?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information