Increase font size
Topic Title: Problems with sempron 3300 + MSI K8T
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/11/2006 08:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/11/2006 08:39 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ryo9494

Hi, I finish to build this pc:

Mother MSI K8T800 -V
AMD Sempron 3300+ (2Ghz)
512 Mb of RAM (333Mhz)
Video Gforce 5200 128MB
HD Seagate 120MB SATA
DVD-RW LG 16X
Case: Codegen E-6097 + 400W power supply (the pw came with the case)
Win XP Pro SP1

it looks like it's running fine but I saw a couple of things that I'm not sure if I've to be worried about it

1. Voltages

Voltages according to the bios
+12__________ 11.76
-12__________ -11.60
+5___________ 5.08
3.3___________ 3.45

Voltages according to MSI monitor soft
+12__________ 11.42
+5___________ 5.05
3.3___________ 3.44

I'm worried about the 12v since seems to be in the border of what is considered healthy (+-5%), mainly in the msi soft

Otherwise the soft of msi displays a FSB between 210 & 225mhz when the bios displays that the cpu is running at 200Mhz (looks like the fizzylogic soft of msi is not very reliable)
Should I trust in the bios and be calm?

It looks like the power supply is not enough since the case come with two lightened coolers that works fine while I use only one (any of them), if I plug both just one works and besides the +12v & +5v decrease in the bios

2. HD Detection

I've enabled in the bios the SATA controller and configured it in SATA mode (not raid) so then the hd is detected and it appear in the "boot sequence" as option. When I turn on the pc most of the time the hd is detected and I can boot fine but sometimes it doesn't and it looks like the hd is not present, even more when this happens the hd it not appear in the boot sequence setting in the bios. Any idea of what can be happening? (this problem appear randomly)

3. Rare bip
Just in the second that the pc is shutdown I can heard a rare bip that it doesn't come from the diagnostic speaker, I really don't know what is causing this and from where it comes that bip. Is this normal?

4. I've installed XP Pro SP1 (32bit) do I need to download any patch or driver in order that the OS works better with this new breed of sempron and this 64bits mobo?

Thanks in advance for any help
 01/11/2006 03:51 PM

Author Icon
r3sil3

Dont worry about what SOFTWARE tells you your 12V rail is at. Plus if you were worried about that, you woudlnt have used a sh*tty power supply

-------------------------
NO PC As Of NOW!

I'll still be on here once in a while.
 01/11/2006 08:19 PM

Author Icon
Ryo9494

Any idea about the HD issue, now it's happening very often (3 of 10 times that I turn on the pc) but I can fix it temporarily unpluging and plugin the SATA cable, so I think that could be the cable (I hope) or much worst the SATA controller.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information