Originally posted by: shotcallah
could anyone give me a tutorial on how your buddy installed the processor in 5 min? seeing how i have the exact same prob as you.. but dont know where or how to put the cpu in my motherboard the aces aspire t180
Note: It may be appropriate to reapply the thermal grease to help with the transfer of processor heat to the heat sink.
1. Remove the processor cooling fan and heat sink by using the lever to release the spring clamp that is holding the fan in place.
2. Lift the lever that releases the processor.
3. Carefully lift out the processor, noticing the orientation (there is a small diagonal notch/mark in the upper right hand corner).
4. Orient the new processor by the diagonal notch/mark and insert it carefully into the processor socket.
5. Lower the lever to secure the processor. Apply thermal grease if necessary to the top of the processor chip.
6. Re-install and clamp the cooling fan and heat sink.
7. Close the case and power on the computer. Check for messages or errors--there should be none.