Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD Sempron 3400+ Problems
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/26/2008 10:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/26/2008 10:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MySkyFalls

Ok, well really long back ago in a game called Maple Story I hacked in it with a simple cheat engine called Moonlight engine my computer kept crashing and a tutorial came out on how to stop that. At the time I was a noob at computers, hacking, etc. So I did not know what it would do. So I followed the guide which brought me to uninstall one of my video cards or graphics card I believe I run a Windows XP Media Center Edition Acer Aspire 3100, AMD Sempron processor 3400 1.8GHz, 256KB, L2 cache, ATI Radeon Xpress 1100,came with 512 ram I overclocked it to 3 Gigs, but that's the thing my processor is only running at HALF of that GHz it's running at 789MHz exactly and that happened to me right after I uninstalled my Video/Graphics card. Anyways I need help on how to reinstall it I tried reinstalling the other one but then they just switch and I can't use both at the sametime for some reason. Anyways thanks.

,Alan

Edited: 09/27/2008 at 12:04 AM by MySkyFalls
 09/30/2008 02:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
go_for
Alpha Geek

If I read correctly there seem be two problems.

1. Sempron 3400, 1.8GHz running at 800MHz.

2. Correct VGA driver does not take/install for the Xpress1100.

The 1st case should be unrelated to the VGA driver issue. It appears as Cool'n Quiet is enabled and clocks down to 800MHz. This is controlled through BIOS and OS, Power Options.

Overclocking on boards with onboard VGA is sensitive, would not try to go to far.

Use Ccleaner and driver cleaner after the vga driver uninstall, prior to loading the new Chipset driver and VGA driver.

-------------------------
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information