Increase font size
Topic Title: help please! amd sepron(tm) reboot problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/04/2009 05:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/04/2009 05:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
pinkhubz!

hi im new to this forum so please bare with me.......
i have a amd sepron 1.8ghz processor all up to date etc, 2 weeks ago it got stuck in the reboot loop (wouldnt even go into safe mode)
I had no access to the internet so couldnt look anything up & chose to ask a gentleman who had sorted my mams pc to have a look.
He took it away & came back with it fixed. He said he had re installed windows however it hadnt lost any of my info phew!
He charged £25 & I was happy to have pc back. He told me it would need its updates.
The pc is really different in screen apearence etc.. it looks like when i had it built in 2003.
I have since surfed the net & read so many different things about the conflict with SP3 & non intel pc's.
My question what do i need to do to ensure this doesnt happen again before SP3 gets updated.
Im not a tech head but not thick either so any help on this matter would be greatly apreciated. thank you
Ps when i click on my computers properties it says service pack 3??? has it already updated?
Thanks for reading! pinkhubz!

Think i had posted this in wrong sub heading first time so have put it here for some help!
 06/09/2009 11:09 PM

Author Icon
Decembermouse
Mad Scientist

Welcome!

£25 is a really good deal for him backing up your files and reinstalling Windows, btw. SP3 doesn't have many issues with AMD/VIA processors that I am aware of. I heard of one when SP3 came out, for I think a specific HP computer, but they fixed it quick.

What I would do if I were you would be to find out which motherboard you have. Which, if you built it, you might know the model but it can't hurt to look again. It might have the name printed on it, or it might not. If not, go http://cpuid.com/pcwizard.php">here[/L] and install PC Wizard, which should tell you which motherboard you have. Then, depending on who made it (ASUS, Foxconn, Abit, whoever) go to their website, search for downloads on that model, and find the most recent BIOS update, and upgrade to that.

Your computer guy might have installed XP with a disc that already had SP3 on it. That's the only way I know of that it could have SP3, if he didn't connect to the web and do Windows Update.

-------------------------
ASRock M3A785GMH/128M
Phenom II X4 925c2 @ 2.80GHz (95W)
OCZ Platinum PC3-1333 2x2GB 7-7-7-21
WD5000AADS
Raidmax RX-500AF
Check it out.
 06/11/2009 04:30 PM

Author Icon
pinkhubz!

thank you! thats definetly given me something to investigate! cheers
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information