Increase font size
Topic Title: Super cantenna crashes the machine
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/12/2009 09:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/12/2009 09:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
astroman

no idea what the deal is here. i have a 3400, windows xp pro set up on a wireless network. for months i was using the super cantenna with zero problems. then all of a sudden it seems to be causing the machine to spontaneously shut down. i have had the machine checked by the vendor. there doesn't seem to be anything they can find. the wireless adaptor is working fine. when i use a regular antenna, no problems, but i need the boost in reception as the machine is in an outdoor structure. i tried a cantenna that works fine on another machine and it did the same thing. i realize this is nothing catastrophic. i could use a different antenna, but the cantenna was working great before and i don't understand how that connection can cause these issues all of a sudden. this is the ONLY peripheral that seems to be doing this.
thanks, dave
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information