Increase font size
Topic Title: cnq with sempron 140 pib
Topic Summary: cannot get cnq to operate
Created On: 03/18/2010 01:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/18/2010 01:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jdefed

hi, i have a jetwat m/b (ma3785gp-lf) with a sempron 140 am3 socket. i cannot get cnq to operate. the bios recogonises the sempron correctly, i have cnq enabled, but cpu fan speeds will not change. i even tried putting in a manual rpm setting, but the fan speed doesnt change. my primary purpose is low noise. i dont really care about monitoring it in the xp operating system just changing in the bios level. ive tried some of the suggestions from the forum but to no avail. all current drivers are from the jetway install disc.
can anyone tell me the color code for the 4 pin fan connector. mine is black,red,blue,yellow. i thought blue should be the last connector with yellow the third for the rpm sensor and blue the speed adjuster. i know my terminoligy isnt right so i hope you can understand it.
thanks
 03/18/2010 01:57 PM

Author Icon
go_for
Alpha Geek

If you are running it on WinXP you need to update CPU driver, enable Minimal power management in OS, in addition to having it set in BIOS.

Control Panel->Power Options->Power Schemes->Minimal Power management.

-------------------------
 03/19/2010 09:45 AM

Author Icon
jdefed

i did the power management setting. i'll check the driver rev. one thing on the cpu driver, which is better to get from amd or the motherboard manufacturer. yes i am using xp sp2.

Edited: 03/19/2010 at 10:08 AM by jdefed
 03/19/2010 11:12 AM

Author Icon
go_for
Alpha Geek

If you are using WinXP SP2, yes you need to update the CPU driver. Better to take it from AMD's site, for the latest.

-------------------------
 03/20/2010 06:37 PM

Author Icon
jdefed

ive been doing some experimenting. loaded the latest cpu driver and didnt think anything was happening because the cpu fan speed never changed. so i got amds cpu monitor program and it showed the cpu at 800mhz. loaded a program and it jumped to 2700mhz, but the fan speed never changed. so now i'm thinking i'm confusing smart fan and cnq. i guess the real issue i'm having now is i can't slow down the cpu fan. cpu temp is aroubd 26c, so i thought i could get it running slower for less noise. in smart fan i can set it for manual settings but it never changes the fan speed. i tried disabling cnq but still could not adjust fan speed. any thoughts?
thanks
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information