Increase font size
Topic Title: system did not recognize any hard disks
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/12/2010 10:42 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/12/2010 10:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MaaMraa
Lurker

Hi Guys

I have this strange problem, my PC AMD was working fine before yesterday.

and today i switched it ON it wont boot up the Windows i thought that there something wrong with the Boot.ini, so inserted the Win CD and after a while it shows the system did not discover any hard disks. And the hard disk is there and its functioning well.

note Guys:
- I didn't touch the BIOS
- Tried all the alternate options to check if there is something wrong with the hard disk
appreciate ur kind help dooods

i realy need to fix it to recover data from it.

salam buddies
 09/02/2011 07:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
paulanderson

I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk. The windows setup screen appears and loads files. The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options. 1-to setup XP press enters. 2 To repair XP press R 3 to exit without installing XP press F3
I press enter and the following message comes up. Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer. Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected. And any disk related configuration is correct.ect. Press F3 to quit. It dose this if I try repair also.
Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard. They're good. And debug the hard drive. No luck. Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk.
Any help would be welcome.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information