AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Sempron 2400+ Running at 1.0?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/11/2004 03:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/11/2004 03:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Phil Chatfield

I have trawled through all the threads on this topic and there are a few!

I have a Gigabyte 2400 RZ mobo and a Sempron 2400+ processor sold as a package at Maplins (so I assumed they work together).

On the motherboard there is a set system clock switch that offers 'ON' 100MHz (supports FSB200MHz CPU, Default) and 'OFF' Auto (133/166/200 MHz. Supports FSB 266/333/400 MHz CPU). I have this switch in the 'OFF' Auto position.

In the BIOS i have set the FSB to 166 and the sytem performance is currently on 'TURBO' (which is an overclock setting).

My sempron is still shown as an Athlon in device manager and clocked at 1,015 by cpuid.

I'm sure there is a simple solution! Anyone know what it is?
 11/11/2004 11:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Phil Chatfield

PROBLEM SOLVED

I found the answer in an earlier FAQ and my processor is now working correctly!

The easytune4 was telling me even thou the Bios setting was 166mhz it was still running at 100mhz.

I double check my manual and I had it set properly, but again I wondered if it was a misprint on the position of the switch. I turned the switch to the "ON" position (which my manual claims is for 100mhz only). The thing I did this time was to Cleared the CMOS with CMOS Jumper before rebooting.

On my previous attempt, it just beeped repeatedly and would not boot, This it did boot. I entered the Bios and loaded the Optimized defaults and rebooted.

Success!! It showed as a Semperon XP2500. Then checking in windows and dxdiag it continues to show as a XP2500. I opened the Easytune4 and It shows the system bus at 167 and operation at 1746.82mhz.

If you have the Gigabyte 7NF-RZ board, the Manual is incorrect on the clock position. After doing the BIOs updates, If you having this problem, change the switch to the ON positon, clear the CMOS and Reboot and reset the bios.

I thought I should post the fix I found to help anyone else.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information