Increase font size
Topic Title: incorrect speed for 2600 on soyo mb
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/21/2004 06:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/21/2004 06:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
nny

I know there's several similar questions already here, but I still need help. I picked up a 2600 combo with case and mb at Fry's. The mb is SV-K7VM333. When I booted up it registered as 1 ghz. I changed the JP3 jumpers from 100 mhz to 166 and that only got it up to 2200+. I didn't see anything in the cmos or in the online manual for my mb about multipliers, so I don't know how or if I should change that. In the cmos, there is an overclocking option that will change the 166 up to 198. I tried 198 once and I had some problem loading windows, so I didn't try it again.

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
 11/22/2004 12:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zir_blazer
Code Warrior

Do your Processor get recognized as an Athlon XP 2200+? I feel that your BIOS doesn't recognize your Processor as a Sempron properly but the settings are right. Use a program like CPU-Z' ">http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php and check the FSB, Multiplier and Frecuency that your Processor is running at. If it is running at 166 MHz FSB with an 11x Multiplier (1833 MHz), the settings are right. If it is running at that Frecuency, don't care about that your Motherboard recognizes your Processor as an Athlon XP 2200+ because that is just a naming issue that doesn't affects your system performance. Hope that this helps
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information