Increase font size
Topic Title: Centon PC3200 400mhx + AMD sempron 2400+
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/21/2004 01:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/21/2004 01:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ruben_360

My question I think is pretty basic, i have the jumper on my motherboard set at 166mhz, AMD sempron 2400+, the ram i have it Centon DDR pc3200 400mhz 256x2 ( 512 ). mobo soyo kt600 dragon plus v1.0...

CPU shows up as AMD ATHLON 1.6mhz... in system properties in Windows XP..
I have a case fan/ and of course the factory AmD processor fan Cpu temp shows at a constant 39-40 degrees Celsius...

CAN I OVERCLOCK mY PROCESSOR MORE safely without frying...maybe set the mobo to.. 200mhz since i can set my mobo from 100 - 266mhz fsb its set at 166mhz right now...

Help
 11/22/2004 01:14 AM

Author Icon
zir_blazer
Code Warrior

Semprons have usually no issue reaching 200 MHz FSB if your Motherboard and Memory Modules supports it (And seems that they can). Keep always an eye open in your Processor temperatures and overall system stability if you want to overclock. It is quite hard to fry a Processor because overclocking, there will be always stability issues much before your Processor starts to be permanently damaged that can tell you that your computer isn't happy. If your Processor temperatures are lower that 55C° after overclocking and your system runs properly, you should not worry about doing so.
 11/24/2004 01:08 AM

Author Icon
Ruben_360

Well I just set the jumper for 200Mhz FSB, CPU runs as smooth as ever BUT!! I havent closed the case yet or let it run for a longtime I dont know if that matters..
???
also its showing in windows now as Amd athlon 2.00GHZ processor...

in the bios the on die temp it about 56 degree celcius but in windows i have a hardware monitor program that read it as a constant 39 degree's.. well I think that program is wrong.. not sure.. who know.. seems to reading my cpu fan RPM accurately though.
 11/24/2004 01:44 AM

Author Icon
zir_blazer
Code Warrior

If you computer is able to run during two or three hours a heavy game (Doom 3 for example) and doesn't have issues that you didn't before, then it should be stable. If you close the case, you can wait for a little higher temperatures (Depending if you have Coolers in the Case or not it can be a little higher or considerabily higher because the poor airflow inside the closed case). Don't care about what Windows reports, that is because your Processor doesn't match the specifications of an existing Processor that your BIOS recognizes so it gives wrong information (Altough the Frecuency is well, the name of the Processor is not).
 11/24/2004 01:33 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

The incorrect ID you see is a cosmetic bios issue, as long as it runs at the correct or overclocked speed just fine then you don't need to worry about it.

MD

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information