Increase font size
Topic Title: System will not boot up at all
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/15/2004 12:00 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/15/2004 12:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
4x4yj

I am trying to build a new system and I can't even get the power supply fan to come on. I can't get any beeps, It's like it is not even pluged up. I smelt my power supply burning. I know it is the power supply because I could smell and feel heat comming directly off of it. I put another power supply in but the this fan does not come on either. I have unhooked all of the cables and rehooked everything back up?? I have checked the led's also and I feel they are hooked up right??

Asus A7400-MX mother
Sepron 2800
pc2700 512mb
Rosewill R214P case
 12/15/2004 03:56 PM

Author Icon
PCcrazy

First make sure that your Mother board is not shorting against something (like a screw that may have fallen between the case and the motherboard, extra standoff you may have forgotten to remove sitting under the Mobo.
You might also try to remove the motherboard from the case and set outside on a non-metallic surface (preferably anti-static surface), install a video card/connect monitor, connect only the PS connectors and maybe the on/off terminal contacts, or if carefull you can touch them momentarily with the tip of a screwdriver, etc to power the system on(just be carefull not to touch but the 2 pins)
I dont think that board uses an ATX 12v connector ( the second powersupply connector 4 pin) but only the normal ATX PS connector, so that shouldnt be affecting this. If it does make sure you get an ATX 12v powersupply, most newer generation systems and cases have these anyway.

One other thing- is it possible that you may have flexed the Sempron too much (as in cracking it when you installed the heat sink)? Common problem unless you apply even force to the center of the chip when locking the Sink clip. You probably know this but never power on the system without a heat sink

Good luck!!
 12/15/2004 10:43 PM

Author Icon
4x4yj

I have taken the mother out of the case and I can get a green led on the board but there is no post at all. I have checked the speaker connections.
 12/16/2004 01:28 AM

Author Icon
AMD808

What is your power supply ratings? Not like "300 watt", but what is the AMPS for each rail? This information will be found on the sticker of the power supply.

3.3v is ?
12v is ?
etc...

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information