Increase font size
Topic Title: 2400 not recognised
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/25/2004 02:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/25/2004 02:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stratman2

Just bought Sempron 2400+ and Elite L7VMM2 m/board. Only recognised as Athlon 1500+ On the ECS website there is no bios update for Sempron compatibility but the L7VMM4 is compatible. Can I flash bios with this update instead?
If not, anyone know of any solutions or do I need new m/board. I was told at Aria that the board was OK for a Sempron.
 10/25/2004 03:26 PM

Author Icon
zir_blazer
Code Warrior

Use a program like CPU-Z' ">http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php and check at what Frecuency, FSB and Multiplier your Processor is running at. If it is running at 166 MHz FSB with a 10x Multiplier (1666 MHz), then you won't really need a BIOS upgrade. The only that a BIOS upgrade will do if your Processor is running at the properly settings, is that it is recognized by the BIOS as a Sempron, but that doesn't affect neither the stability or performance of the system. If not, I cannot help you upgrading your BIOS because I know nothing about neither two Motherboards, but if it let you raise the FSB to 166 MHz manually while keeping the PCI Bus at 333 MHz and work properly after that, then you still not needing it.
 10/25/2004 04:42 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

QUOTE (stratman2 @ Oct 25 2004, 10:08 AM) Just bought Sempron 2400+ and Elite L7VMM2 m/board. Only recognised as Athlon 1500+ On the ECS website there is no bios update for Sempron compatibility but the L7VMM4 is compatible. Can I flash bios with this update instead?
If not, anyone know of any solutions or do I need new m/board. I was told at Aria that the board was OK for a Sempron.
Don't cross flash that bios...

MD

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information