Increase font size
Topic Title: Sempron 2200+ on Gigabyte GA-7VA rev.2
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/25/2004 06:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/25/2004 06:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ripcurl

I just change my CPU from Athlon to Sempron 2200+ on my gigabyte GA-7VA rev.2 mobo. Already download the BIOS update from gigabyte website and successfully flash the BIOS using DOS approach.

When I boot up the computer, it always recognize the CPU as Athlon 900 MHz. I am using Windows XP Professional SP2.

Did anybody come across the same problem? Is there any tips and tricks to overcome this?

R!P

-------------------------
-AMD Rawkz!!!-
 12/25/2004 03:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AMD808

QUOTE (ripcurl @ Dec 25 2004, 01:42 AM) I just change my CPU from Athlon to Sempron 2200+ on my gigabyte GA-7VA rev.2 mobo.  Already download the BIOS update from gigabyte website and successfully flash the BIOS using DOS approach.

When I boot up the computer, it always recognize the CPU as Athlon 900 MHz.  I am using Windows XP Professional SP2.

Did anybody come across the same problem?  Is there any tips and tricks to overcome this?

R!P
In your BIOS, the FSB or CPU External Frequency needs to be set to 166 MHz. Also, verify that "SW1" on your motherboard is set to ON.

EDIT: Do you have at least PC2700 RAM as well?

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information