Increase font size
Topic Title: The impossible question
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/05/2005 04:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/05/2005 04:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
maverikck2002

I just bought a M861G motherboard from PCCHIPS and a AMD 2600+Sempron 64 Retail with some Corsair Ram (256). I tried to boot it and it says unknown processor. Then goes to the Sata recognizing. No Sata. Gives me a error saying

Bois date/time not set

Unknown processor please contact ....

System halted

There is not an option to enter the bios at all.

I have tried booting with a floppy after resetting the bios. It does not work. The message is actually after it tries to find the Sata drives. I paused the screen when first booting. At the top it says unknown AMD 64 or sempron and then finds the HDD and continues but never has an option to enter bios. I think that it just a bad processor. I have sent the board back. They just send me the same kind of board which caused the same error. Thanks for all the help. I think that I will just try another processor and go from there.

Thanks ahead of time,

Maverikck2002
 09/06/2005 04:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AMD808

Have you tried holding down the <DEL> key when the system halts with the error message?

This sounds more like a bios issue, if anything, since the Sempron 64's are still very new to the market - it will be up to the motherboard manufacturer to produce updates necessary to run / support the processor.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information