Topic Title: Semperon 2500+ / PC CHips M825G v9.2A
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/20/2005 12:57 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/07/2006 02:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
romeo5k

okay people.. im kinda dumb to this and need major help.. I bought this M825G(v9.2a). And it took forever to get it set up. Then i finally got it set up and then my 250gig HD was only reading 137gigs. So then i read more about HD. and i think they said that winXP has to be SP1 or better for it to read all 250gig. So then i just now updated my win XP to SP2. and the piece of junk is still reading 137gigs. Also, my sound never worked. And sometimes it wont notice my DVDRW. and sometimes it will. SO i looked up on hxxp://210.17.27.3/PCCWeb/Downloads/ProductsDetail_Download.aspx?DetailID=283&DetailName=BIOS&DetailDesc=M825G(v9.2a)&MenuID=35&LanID=2
and i ound out they have an update. But i dunno how to update the bios.. never done it b4. So i made a win98 bootdisk.. and i formated another disk. I put the 2 files from the site on the blank disk. and when i tried to type in what the site said type, i get errors. I think that site is stupid.. Anyone have any better ideas of what to do.
My HD is WD2500JB
 01/07/2006 07:14 PM

Author Icon
infamous-online

QUOTE(stafflag @ May 19 2005, 10:57 PM)Just baught this Bundled from Fry's

system will not boot up, no link to monitor, no beeps Nada...

reset the bios jumper, set clock speed jumper fro 166MHz (need to set a jumper in this day and age?)

tried using onboard video.... a know good video card.... known good DDR266 (pc2100) RAM...

when i power up the fans kick in but thats it. Nothing i have tried will get and difernt result.

any ideas?
[right][snapback]421027[/snapback][/right]

your best bet would be to ditch that motherboard as i had two sempron processors, blown using that mobo. get an msi mobo, it may cost ya a bit more, but so far this has been a stable platform for the sempron processor at the moment. so if other's haven't made mention of it, then i would kindly suggest you go with an msi board. /cool.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='cool.gif' />
 01/07/2006 07:17 PM

Author Icon
infamous-online

QUOTE(romeo5k @ Jan 7 2006, 01:13 PM)okay people.. im kinda dumb to this and need major help.. I bought this M825G(v9.2a). And it took forever to get it set up. Then i finally got it set up and then my 250gig HD was only reading 137gigs. So then i read more about HD. and i think they said that winXP has to be SP1 or better for it to read all 250gig. So then i just now updated my win XP to SP2. and the piece of junk is still reading 137gigs. Also, my sound never worked. And sometimes it wont notice my DVDRW. and sometimes it will. SO i looked up on hxxp://210.17.27.3/PCCWeb/Downloads/ProductsDetail_Download.aspx?DetailID=283&DetailName=BIOS&DetailDesc=M825G(v9.2a)&MenuID=35&LanID=2
and i ound out they have an update. But i dunno how to update the bios.. never done it b4. So i made a win98 bootdisk.. and i formated another disk. I put the 2 files from the site on the blank disk. and when i tried to type in what the site said type, i get errors. I think that site is stupid.. Anyone have any better ideas of what to do.
My HD is WD2500JB
[right][snapback]587150[/snapback][/right]

check the hd manual on ways to read the whole 250 +gigs
 01/08/2006 12:31 PM

Author Icon
romeo5k

QUOTE(infamous-online @ Jan 7 2006, 07:17 PM)check the hd manual on ways to read the whole 250 +gigs
[right][snapback]587478[/snapback][/right]

ive read the manual about an HD... manual states that HD needs to there are two options... the bios is not supporting the full drive or i need to install the toools disk. Well i installled the tools disk, so all thats left is to flash the bios on this thing. But i dont know how to do it. I have read tje website over and over and i still get errors. I can care less if the mobo doesnt work anymore.. but i wanna go out trying everything. And the site says that they came out with an updated bios for people whose sound is out (THAT'LL BE ME) and other things such as suport for HD. So can someone please help me flash my HD. I will gve phone number yahoo id or msn id if needed.
 03/02/2006 11:00 AM

Author Icon
unknown_trip

ok i just bought the pc chips motherboard and cpu combo and i had the same problem now here is your solution its quite stupid actualy lol change the switch setting on the back of your power supply if u dont then the sysem will power up but wont boot and make sure your cmos jumper is set to normal
quote:

Originally posted by: stafflag
Just baught this Bundled from Fry's

system will not boot up, no link to monitor, no beeps Nada...

reset the bios jumper, set clock speed jumper fro 166MHz (need to set a jumper in this day and age?)

tried using onboard video.... a know good video card.... known good DDR266 (pc2100) RAM...

when i power up the fans kick in but thats it. Nothing i have tried will get and difernt result.

any ideas?

07/22/2008 02:28 AM

Author Icon
cowboys4x4

I Just had the Same Exact problem with a PC Chips M811LU Motherboard.Fan would come on,Then a beep(Fan would stay on and it would beep once every few seconds),No post,and no Monitor Signal.I messed with these piece O' Chinese Crap Motherboard for 2 days and tried every piece of Hardware I have in Various configurations including an out of case desktop build.I tried the Athlon XP 2200+ processor in my KT600A Motherboard and it is good.I tried the known good Sempron 2500+ out of my KT600A in the Pc Chips Board and no go.I couldn't get the piece O' Junk to do nothin' but beep.I contacted PC Chips Customer Support and they were of little help to me.I even tried flippin the amp switch on the back of powersupply like the guy in the previous post said and no go.Needless to say I shipped the Board Back for a refund,and I am now awaiting the Arrival of my new Motherboard,Processor and Memory.I just purchased an Asrock K7Upgrade-880 Motherboard,Athlon XP 3200+ 400mhz FSB Barton core Processor, and 2 Sticks O' Kingston HyperX 512 MB 400mhz DDR.I got a Great Deal on all of this and look forward to putting everything together when all the parts arrive.I just Hope Asrock Motherboards are as good as everyone claims.I am a lil' gunshy after my Pc Chips experience.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information