Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD Sempron and Multimedia
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/02/2005 07:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/02/2005 07:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
megatnt

/biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' /> I bought three different computers from three different retailers the last six month and all of them had an AMD Sempron processor(2400+, 2600+, 3000+).
/excl.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='excl.gif' /> The most funniest thing is that this computer are fast when doing ordinary task, but when playing video films especially divx(avi) and dvd's it's just a mess no matter what I do.
(Changing FSB, increasing the RAM, using Xvid Codes for divx, using extra graphic card)
/sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' /> I thought the problem was windows media player so I used "media player classic" but the system load was still 99%.
/ph34r.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='ph34r.gif' /> I read in a Computer Mag (ct) that the powerful multimedia enhancement (to facilitate the playing of multimedia data) of some AMD Processor are ignored by intels C++ Compilers. Can that be the reason?
/blush.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='blush.gif' /> Just a comparison. All the videos plays fine on a P III with 700 MHZ. Something must be wrong somewere.
 10/03/2005 07:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Stone_age
Alpha Geek

Watching a DVD should not run your CPU at 99%. Encoding a DVD is a different story, and will use 100% CPU load. This is of course assuming your using Windows XP. However if you are trying to use Win9x, such as windows ME, Not running any apps can run the cpu up to 60%, as there isn't any bus disconnect features in the older O/S's

-------------------------
Phenom II X6 1055T, Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Phenom II X4 945, Gigabyte MA785G-UD3H
Zacate E-350, MSI E350IS -E45

http://classicplatforms.com
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information