Increase font size
Topic Title: Won't run after possible Virus attack
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/09/2005 10:34 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/09/2005 10:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
aosmark

Hi,

Have a ABIT KD7 mobo with a effective little AMD Athlon XP 1800+ that have been working fine for a good 2 years now.

2 days ago it got stuck in the Windows start-up and did not wanted to go further than to the windows logo screen. Rebooted the system and could not get it to activate the screen....
Stripped the system on components and used only CPU, mem, AGP video + floppy with System boot on it.
Get past POST and booted up nicely to "DOS" mode.
Attached Cd-rom still fine.
Attached 1 HDD - no screen
Attached 2nd HDD - get into BIOS and checked settings for the drives. Both was picked up by the BIOS with correct setting.

BIOS saved and boot again to get it to at least DOS, it reads from the floppy, but don't do anything else.

Disconnecting the HDD's and I got the DOS prompt again.
Connected the HDD's and Swap Master/Slave setting still not prompt.

Checked the temp on the CPU and it showed 75 degrees Become a bit nervous since the BIOS shut down max level was 75 degrees.

Is the temperature level "normal" ?
Have the CPU being damaged?

I'm stuck here, if any of you have some good ideas let me know.

I do have a SEMPRON 2400+ that I could change on the mobo, but I'm not sure the ABIT KD7 will support a SEMPRON.

please help......

/AO
 03/09/2005 05:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
aosmark

Hi Again,

I have solved this enoying issue due to a suspect HDD impacting on the IDE and good knows what else on the mobo.

Still have the high temperature, but will install another FAN on the case to get better flow.

Hade,
/AO
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information