Increase font size
Topic Title: NON BOOT
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/15/2005 07:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/15/2005 07:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Jimmyjojojr

Can someone suggest what the problem is with my new build based around a sempron 2800+ and a Foxconn K7S741GXMG-6L, the system appears to spring into life the drives spin up tospeed and the fans come on but there is no output from the onboard video which will not bring the monitor out of standby, i have tried a pci video card and have had the same results. please help because i am at my wits end. thanks in advance
 03/15/2005 04:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AMD808

Please verify that all expansion cards, ram, and cpu is seated properly. Make sure the heatsink is not on backwards. You can find heatsink installation video's here' ">http://www.amd.com/us-en/Proce..._869_4348^6678,00.html.

What power supply are you using? Look on the side of the PSU for a sticker. It should have ratings such as +3.3V is ?A, +12V is ?A. I'm looking for those Amperage(A) ratings. List them here.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information