Increase font size
Topic Title: Activision claiming Semprons not supported
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/30/2005 12:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/30/2005 12:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mikehd

Hi all,

Activision is claiming that Sempron is not a supported CPU even though their Minimum System Requirements state:

Pentium® III 800MHz or Athlon® 800MHz or higher processor

Now, I thought that the Sempron was at the "core" an Athlon XP, and certainly it is higher than 800MHz clock speed.

The machine in question has a Sempron 2400+ as the cpu.

Are there such differences between the Sempron 2400+ and an equivalent Athlon XP 2400+ that would cause a 3D game to freeze at the same point, or is Activision doing the blame game?

thanks,

mikehd
 01/05/2006 03:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bvchurch

Well I am fairly certain Activision is just playing the blame game here, as a sempron 2400 will be similar to the Athlon XP line, using the same cores (Thoroughbred and Barton cores I believe). So I doubt the procesor is the factor. Now as far as probably causes to your freezing in game, I would check the video card and power supply out, just to note if you are having any other problems, but first I would actually download the newest or maybe a previous version of the Video driver for your video card.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information