Increase font size
Topic Title: CPU Temperature
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/06/2005 12:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/06/2005 12:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
djjosep

Hi! I wanted to know which is the best program that gives the CPU temperature more accurately, because I have 2 different programs which tells me the same temperature but when I enter to the BIOS it tells me a temperature quite different (higher than the programs). Thanks a lot!
 02/06/2005 01:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
cufishing

Whichever one has the features you like should be the one to run.

BIOS is a no load direct read of the temp sensor, it is normal to have a slightly higher reading than anything from the OS. The OS has some ability to alter the toatl package, and adjust as needed to match what the cpu is coded as.

If your talking more than 10* difference, there should be some concern, if not your in the normal (my experience) zone of readings.

-------------------------
It is the Soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the Soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the right to demonstrate.
It is the Soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the Soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information