Increase font size
Topic Title: new comp problems
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/06/2005 05:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/06/2005 05:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
edge32

recently purchased new motherboard, power supply(400w), ddram, processor, and mad dog k8 silent chill heatsink...when I turn computer on, power flows to board and heatsink..fans turn on, lights turn on..after 1-2 seconds everything turns off on it's own...there's still power goin to the board, but nothing will stay on longer than 2 seconds...I had new motherboard, powersupply, and heatsink, but it was still doing the same thing until last night when somehow i managed to get everything to stay on..but then the picture wouldn't show..so i was told that the video was blown on the motherboard, so I exchanged everything(ps,mb,heatsink) for new parts and now it's reverted back to the original problem..any ideas?

02/06/2005 07:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AMD808

Sempron 3100+, correct?

What brand of power supply is this, and what is its true output? What I mean by this is the amperage ratings on each voltage rail. Should be found on the sticker of the power supply.

Also, could you list the exact components in your system? Brand, make, etc...

-motherboard
-ram
-power supply
-expansion cards

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information