Increase font size
Topic Title: Video Card
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/05/2005 08:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/05/2005 08:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bnvlin

I recently purchased a Sempron 3100+ processer with a ECS 755-A2 MB. I installed Kingston KVR400/512R PC 3200 CL3 memory, IBM 80gb Hdd, common floppy drive, a Emprex CD/DVD drive and a ATI-9200SE 128MB AGP video card by Kaser Corp. I'm using a ENVISION led flat panel monitor.

My problem begins when I turn the system on, the monitor is blank. Nothing comes up. Even without video drivers shouldn't I see the POST activity, or be able get to the BIOS screens? I suspect the video card may not be correct or the monitor isn't compatable or both or neither. I don't know.

I don't have a lot of money to spend, I'm just trying to put a system together for house hold use and for my grandsons to play some games, Harry Potter, Monsters Inc., etc.

HELP! PLEASE!

Not as smart as I thought I was!!!!!!

bnvlin
 02/05/2005 09:09 PM

Author Icon
AMD808

Welcome to the AMD Forums!

That video card and monitor should work fine together, so there should be no conflict at all.

One thing of concern is your power supply. Could you please list what power supply you are using? The board you have has a 4-pin 12V connector (should be in the upper right corner of the board). Your power supply must have this connector, otherwise your system may be left in the dark.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 02/05/2005 11:03 PM

Author Icon
bnvlin

Thanks for the welcome:

The PC case is a mid-tower ATX by JUSTPC[USA]INC and the power supply is model JPC 425-12V (430W max). There is a 4 pin connector and it is plugged in to the MB. The fan on the video card does run, if that means anything. Still no picture.

Thanks;

bnvlin
 02/09/2005 11:21 PM

Author Icon
bnvlin

Problem solved. I removed and re-seated the CPU, fired it up and got POST. There must have been a burr or something in one of the socket pin holes.

Thanks for the tip on the power supply. I'm a little weak, current wise, on the + 12v side, need
to replace the power supply.

Thanks again for your time;

bnvlin
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information