Increase font size
Topic Title: Computer Rebooting
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/15/2005 05:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/15/2005 05:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Sim

Hi,

I recently built a machine using the Sempron 2400+. However things werent going to good. The computer seems to restart itself regulary when playing games.

Ive got 512 RAM and ive checked the motherboard is compatible (MSI K7N2 Delta 2).

I think the problem is overheating as i checked the temperature and it was around 55C. On the heatsink, i removed a pad which may have affected thing.

Thanks in advance
 01/15/2005 05:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
AMD808

Hi,

When you removed the thermal pad, did you replace it with another, or thermal paste? The processor should not be runned without some sort of thermal interface material between the processor and heatsink.

Two things to check.

1) Power supply. What power supply do you have, and what is the amperage ratings on each voltage rail? This will be found on a sticker of the power supply.

2) Test your RAM with Memtest86' ">http://www.memtest86.com for errors. Advise you to do this when you are not doing anything in particular.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information