Increase font size
Topic Title: "Interrupts" process is taking most of my CPU
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/15/2007 02:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/15/2007 02:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
squall117

Hi I'm starting to have some performance problems since yesterday, The last thing I did before this started was try to install a SATA HDD wich was never detected in the bios, my motherboard is an AsRock K8Upgrade VM800 wich supports up to 2 SATA harddrives at 1.5 Gb/s and my new HDD is 160Gb at 3.0 (maybe that's why it's not detected) anyway... Before stalling the HDD I took the chance to strip my Motherboard and take all the dust with a soft brush, When I was on the bios to check the SATA I enabled Cool & Quiet then realized the HDD was not detected so I just shuted down and took the HDD and turned on my PC with everything normal, then I realized it was slowing down everytime I open a program and even when Wiondows start (before even login in) I opened Sysinternals Process Explorer and realized there was a process called "Interrupts" that takes about 80% of my CPU everytime I open any program.
I repaired my registry with "Registry Mechanic" and defrag and scandisk like two weeks ago, also scaned my PC with Kaspersky, Windows Defender and Ad-Aware.
I need help cause this is really driving me crazy

Motherboard: AsRock K8Upgrade VM800
CPU: AMD Sempron 2800+
RAM: 512Mb
VGA: Nvidea GeForce 6200 256Mb
Sound: Onboard
IDE1: 2x HDD 80Gb
IDE2: CDRW and DVD ROM
Extra: Case Vent, Another vent below the VGA

Thanks for reading
 01/20/2007 11:25 AM

Author Icon
go_for
Alpha Geek

Some motherboards with only Sata150 support, need a jumper to be set on the sata300 HDD to force it to sata150 mode. As for the interrupt problem, any other card in the PCI slots?

-------------------------
 01/20/2007 10:44 PM

Author Icon
squall117

hi, thanks for the reply. I fixed this 2 days ago and forgot update the post... I'm kinda busy lately :S
Oh and about the SATA... I think I'm not lucky... The HDD has no place to put a jumper :S
 03/09/2007 09:25 PM

Author Icon
ltfearme

Can I ask how you resolved your issue? Im experiencing the same issue but the problerm persists every few seconds and I have not installed any HDDs recently.

I have:

ASUS A8V Deluxe
AMD 4400X2
2x74 Gb Raptors (RAID-0 on board VIA)
2x320GB seagates (on board promise)
pioneer 110 IDE secondary master
 03/10/2007 07:29 PM

Author Icon
squall117

I had the HDD with the Windows installed set as slave (On cable select) so I just changed master/slave and all was great
 03/10/2007 09:25 PM

Author Icon
ltfearme

quote:

Originally posted by: squall117
I had the HDD with the Windows installed set as slave (On cable select) so I just changed master/slave and all was great

Thanks, I solved the issue. I uninstalled everything I didnt need including AMD Cool n quiet. Set my BIOS to defaults and reinstalled all my drivers.

Damien
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information