Increase font size
Topic Title: Tyan K8SE - Temperature + Voltage Readings
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/17/2005 11:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/17/2005 11:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zigen

I am having really weird problems with my setup, and I wonder if anybody is having the same problems. I got my setup at AMD/Microsoft AMD tech tour.

1st Problem
--------------
When I use 2 PCI cards (Adaptec U160 SCSI Controller and Sound Blaster Audigy 2) in my PCI-X slots, my temperature for my CPU1 and local motherboard temperatures would just to 255 Celsius. Another issue is that my Power Voltage readings would jump up to 16V, instead of being the standard 12V. The voltage readings for (-3.3, -5, -12) would also be way off too. Now When I remove one of the cards, everything reads perfectly! Everything reads perfectly also when I have one card in the PCI-X slot and the other in the PCI slot. Very weird problem...

2nd Problem
---------------
When I use SandraSoft SiSoft to read my voltage readings on the motherboard, I have a have weird readings for my -5V. It would be something like -1.1 or something around there. I get the same readings using Motherboard Monitor. But I been using my computer, and everything seems stable and find.

I am using a Antec TP2-550EPS12V power supply, with the latest motherboard BIOS.

I tried 3 K8SE motherboards and 2 TP2-550EPS12V power supplies, and every board seems to have the same problem.

Is anybody having the same problems or having something similar happening to them?

10/18/2005 02:37 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
GNUS inc

One suggestion - don't use Tyan.
BIOS health monitor can show any number, it's standard problem.
I've seen CPU temperatur 220 Celsius, i've seen 15 identical systems with totally different results (from 30 to 70 degrees of Celsius).

-------------------------
AMD rulezzzzz!
www.etegro.com
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information