AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Opteron 175 And VapoChill Is this a Good COmbo?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/04/2006 12:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/04/2006 12:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
josephk71

Hi guys
I am new here, I have Opteron 175 with DFI Expert and I was thinking about getting a VapoChill, but someone told that opty 175 is not good with VapoChill something about a cold bug @-10 what is this and is this true? Need your guys pro opinion here. What does this cold bug mean exactly?

Thanks in advance,
JK
 04/04/2006 02:58 AM

Author Icon
Bitey
Elite

you might have to try a forum like this

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/

I don't think many of us here are worrying that our CPU's are running too cold /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
 04/04/2006 10:36 AM

Author Icon
josephk71

All I am looking for is an explanation on what a cold bug means and will it affect it if I get a VapoChill?

Thanks,

quote:

Originally posted by: Bitey
you might have to try a forum like this

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/

I don't think many of us here are worrying that our CPU's are running too cold /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

04/04/2006 09:33 PM

Author Icon
Bitey
Elite

Ok from what I read it seems at very low temperatures some cpu's won't boot, calling cold bug sounds a bit dubious.

I would think this a suck it and see kind of situation, not all cpu's encounter this problem at a certain temperature.
However most people who do encounter this "bug" are using liquid nitrogen cooling at around -20C.

I would think a Vapochill system probably won't reach these temps without a bit of help, but adjusting your lowest temperature will probably allow you to avoid the bug if you encounter it.

And really do try the other extreme overclocking forums, cause they are the only kind of forums you are going to get help on this kind of stuff. Becasue those temperatures are completley undocumented, untested and unsupported by AMD and will only every be encountered by the people in those extreme OC'ing fourm as you can see from the overwhelming response you got in this forum

But do report back on far you do manage to overclock your opty

04/06/2006 10:17 AM

Author Icon
josephk71

Thanks for all you help, I will post all my results after the holidays, I will buy vapochill light speed and post my results.

quote:

Originally posted by: Bitey
Ok from what I read it seems at very low temperatures some cpu's won't boot, calling cold bug sounds a bit dubious.

I would think this a suck it and see kind of situation, not all cpu's encounter this problem at a certain temperature.
However most people who do encounter this "bug" are using liquid nitrogen cooling at around -20C.

I would think a Vapochill system probably won't reach these temps without a bit of help, but adjusting your lowest temperature will probably allow you to avoid the bug if you encounter it.

And really do try the other extreme overclocking forums, cause they are the only kind of forums you are going to get help on this kind of stuff. Becasue those temperatures are completley undocumented, untested and unsupported by AMD and will only every be encountered by the people in those extreme OC'ing fourm as you can see from the overwhelming response you got in this forum

But do report back on far you do manage to overclock your opty

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information