Increase font size
Topic Title: What chip should i get for Creative Suite
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/15/2006 04:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/15/2006 04:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Chucky1@mail.com

Hi, i am not so sure what pc chip i should get for Adobe Creative Suite 2, mainly for Illustrator and then for Autocad Architectural Desktop. I was thinking of a dual Core opteron 285 or 280 with a dual chip configuration, hte second chip would be a cheap one. Like a single core, but they have to be 940 pin configuration. I would like to get some feedback as to some people who have used such programs tell me how well these chips handle loads and if i should only get on chip or two. Also what memory configuration. I wanted at least 3 gigs, with an Audigy 2 ZS, 7800 Nvidia graphics card, Raid 0 drives of 100 gigs each and two regular Sata 3gbps at 400 gigs each, also three drives, two dvd burners and a regular cd burner as well as a good case. So can someone also tell me what kind of motherboard they reccomend for all that. I would like a 1000 Mhz FSB, but tyan only has 800. Thanks for any replies and i would like to know if the opteron would be the best option as i may use After Effects also. i want to be able to run at least two of these apps without any waiting of slowing down. So Thanks and i hope to get some responses.
 03/20/2006 12:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Bitey
Elite

When adding the second cpu to the system it must match the first eg 2 285's or 2x250's. You can;t add a single core when you laready have dual core cpu.

Well actually it has been done, but it is totally unsupported and might cause problems...and there are no guarentees it will work at all.

Getting 2 (cheaper) single cores now and then upgrading to 2 dual cores later on may be reasonable option as well.

I don't use adobe so I can't tell you how well it will perform, but from what I heard the extra bandwidth and memory size available on dual socket opteron will help.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information