AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: drivers progress for 2885's.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/25/2004 01:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/25/2004 01:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wren

For those of you who havent noticed microsoft has newer drivers for the primary/secondary ide controller and the raid drivers!(Just go do a windoze update and look under hardware. )

and

Broadcom has a newer driver on their site for the net extreme ethernet nic used on the 2885 boards which can be found here

http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/downloaddrivers.php' ">http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/downloaddrivers.php

yeh progress is being made.

ps. choose the 57xx drivers since that is what is on the board!
 08/26/2004 04:53 PM

Author Icon
Pablov

yep.... but AMD too.
If you visit the site, you will find new drivers than those packed with the motherboard.

But I would like to say that I had some troubles when uninstalling the old amd driver pack and installing the new one.
I have 2 win xp pro systems installed, one on a sata drive, the other on an ide.
The win on sata worked perfect after installing the newer amd driver pack.
The win on ide crashed after installing the newer amd driver pack, I don't know why. The process was the same. I had to format and install again the system.

After installing the new win on the ide drive, I installed the newer amd driver pack and everything was perfect.

The problem only happened to me when trying to update (unisntall, reboot, install) the driver pack.

After all of this, I went to windows update, and microsoft also said that a newer controller was available.....so I updated it too.
Everything is perfect now on my system although there is no noticeable performance improvement, at least working as I usually do.
 08/26/2004 05:41 PM

Author Icon
wren

ah crap!

I thought I had installed those drivers......... I checked revisions in my device manager and it turns out windoze plugged in the old ones instead!

How do you tell windoze to use the newer ones?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information