AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Difference between Opteron Core Stepping F2 and F3?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/28/2007 09:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/28/2007 09:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stairway27

Hi,

I'm getting ready to build a dual Opteron system using the 22xx (Socket F) processors, and I have the option of buying the CPU with Core Stepping F3 or, for about $90 less, the older F2 stepping. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these core steppings, so I can determine if it's worth it to spend the extra $180 for the pair of processors? Thanks!

Also, if you can point me to a resource on the AMD web site that provides this information, I'd appreciate that, too. I made several unsuccessful attempts to find this on my own.

Edited: 05/28/2007 at 09:42 AM by stairway27
 05/31/2007 01:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
The Savage

As fare as i know the main differance is that when they build a new processor they start with a core stepping of 0 and as they do changes the number goes up so you are more likly to find that the higher the core stepping number the more changes or upgrades have been done to it.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information