Increase font size
Topic Title: Help with heatsink
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/27/2003 11:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/27/2003 11:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
hmmyah

hey guys i just got my opteron hardware in and when i opened the tyan mb box i was so pissed to see one of the heatsinks had fallen off of some (i guess you would call them little chipsets, maybe)

its the heatsink that is right above cpu1, its is not the square one but the rectangular one and it was just rolling around in the box

what i was wondering is if you guys think i should rma or just go get some artic silver thermal epoxy and put it back on

i think if i just put it back on it would be fine, but wanted to get you guys opinion on the matter

thanks for any quick help you can provide!!
 11/28/2003 04:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SystemBuilder

Call whoever you purchased it from. Tell them the situation and ask them what to do. Different companies might have different policies on the situation, and you want to make sure that you follow their policies as to not void you warranty and be left with a damaged board and no recourse. Also I own a computer store and can see it from their end as well as yours and that path makes the most sense.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information