Increase font size
Topic Title: K8WE AND ADAPTEC 2100S
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/10/2005 03:05 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/10/2005 03:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zhdali

Hi at all, today i mounted my new pc:

K8WE without scsi
1GB corsair 3200 X 4
geforce 6600GT
prodigy 7.1 audio card
tagan 580w power supply
plextor 716SA
piooner 506

adaptec 2100S scsi raid controler
hd id0 ----> boot hd
hd id1 ----> System hd
hd id2 ----> Download hd
hd id3 + hd id4 ---> raid0

adaptec 29160 sata raid
4 X 400GB segate hd raid 5

latest bios 1.01

The problem is this: When i go in bios setup under boot priority i can't see listed any of the hd attached at my scsi card but only the scsi card and the sata card.

The card work correctly boot and show all hd, if i try to install wxp it see my hd.

But i can't set the boot device and at boot time i have this message: "operating system not found".

In my old motherboard (tyan tiger mp) in boot sequence i can see the hd attached at my controller and sort the boot order. it must work in k8we too, i see an image at k8we forum at this link: http://www.k8we.com/?q=gallery...=cor...0987a0897ef63fb' ">http://www.k8we.com/?q=gallery...ec5ae810987a0897ef63fb which explain what i say.

I not have any hd attached at sata controller or pata controller integrated in this board, only dvd-rw px716SA.

I try to boot with only video card and scsi card but i have the same result.
I have success in this way: i leave only the hd id0 (boot hd) and then the bootloader of winxp start.

Someone have this trouble?
I have something to set in bios options to see my hd?
Any ideas?

I have write a tyan and wait an answer.
Sorry for my bad english, not is my language
 07/10/2005 04:02 PM

Author Icon
zhdali

Sorry the sata card is 2810SA, not 29160 (this is an scsi 64 bit).
 07/10/2005 05:13 PM

Author Icon
zhdali

News: I had trayed to use the 29160 scsi card, now i see my hd in priority boot options, i select the id0 hd (my boot disk), but nothing, cursor blink for a while and after all hang.

If i boot from one boot cdrom with options for boot from c, it boot.

I think something wrong with this motherboard, or misterious bios settings needed.
 07/11/2005 12:31 PM

Author Icon
scottgray

Try disabling the MAC OPROM Scan. Also disable any bootable devices you're not using. This board seems to have very limited resources for bootable devices (option roms).

You might also try playing with your boot.ini file. It might be possible that changing your boot order after installing windows might change the disk numbering.
 07/11/2005 02:01 PM

Author Icon
zhdali

I have already disable all other bootable devices, but the result is the same.

I want to underline that in boot options i don't see any hd of my scsi chain listed .
They are not present in the upper list and they don't appear even in the list below.
The upper list is the one of the priority boot. The bottom is the "excluded devices" list.
In any case i can clearly see the name of the controller card but not the hds controlled by it.

Only with 29160 controller (that i use only for test and is not in my system configuration) i can boot correctly if i disable all the other bootable devices.
With the other controller (2100s) i can boot (if I disable the other bootable devices) but the motherboard is unable to find the correct hd (where it's placed the boot sector).The result is the error message "operative system not found".

In any case if I put in the priority list any other bootable devices (CD-Rom or Floppy ) before the HD or the controller card used (29160 or 2100s) the system hang.Obviously the system hang only if the other bootable devices are empty if it's not so the system start correctly from the CD or the floppy.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information