Increase font size
Topic Title: to buy, or not to buy?that is the question
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/30/2005 11:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/30/2005 11:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
fire_the_samuel

ive bought 2 amd athlon processors( no amd 64, long time ago.). they both failed on me. keep in mind though that they were both oem and had a $15 fan/heatsink. i dont want a bad system. im very perinoid. but im geting ready to make a extreme system for my cousin , a gaming system and i would like to get a amd 64 cpu, but i dont know how reliable they realy are. i wish that i knew what i did wrong. but since it is going to be a $1000+ system it cant fail!or off with my head. any advise , comments?
 05/01/2005 04:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
arcangel

because amd runs cooler it supposed to last longer than the opposite intel.how long the system will run i guess it has to do with various components like the quality of motherboard, rams and most of all the PSU.
no wait a minute why have u posted this question here? i guess this is a wrong place in this forum to post this.....

-------------------------
Dual opteron 246
Tyan Thunder K8WE SCSI
Corsair, Seagate, Antec, Samsung, Sparkle.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information