Increase font size
Topic Title: MSI K8T Master 2 Far/ 2 Opteron 246's
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/22/2005 04:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/22/2005 04:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
duffer

I have the MSI K8T Master 2 Far/ 2 Opteron 246's with 2 registered Kingston 512 K memory, w/2 WD 120 Sata on the raid 1 (mirrored) 550 Watt A+ SSI Power supply, lite-on DVD-RW and a lite-on combo DVD w/Nividia Geforce Fx 5200 video card. I also have 2 IDE drives on the IDE chain a maxtor 120 and a WD 80 gig MB Has the latest Bios flash

I tryed to build a super 64 bit machine for video editing but have been fighting it for a year now.

I have it dual booting to XP Pro 32bit and XP 64 bit but their is nothing out there for the 64 bit video editing yet.

I thought it would run video editing faster BUT it is "very" slow while rendering a video a 1 hour video takes about 4-5 hours to render.

I have had to rebuild the OS (XP Pro) several times
with the loss or (corrupton) of one of Sata drives it fails the rebuild of the lost drive with the raid controller and the only way to get the drive back is to repartition the drive from scratch and reinstall the OSs.

When doing Video editing the system locks up or reboots or just shuts down
once the system shuts down the only way to get it back is to totaly power it off
for about 3-5 min. the only things that have not been replace are the Sata Drives and the 246's everthing else has been replace at least once. it seems to go into a standby mode when shut down the power switch or the reset switch have no effect
while power light flashes

I have spent "many hours" on the phone with MSI and Kingston and ADS Tech with the video editing software with no solution to the issues in sight.

kind of sorry I went this way

Duffer

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information