Increase font size
Topic Title: Memory speeds?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/31/2003 10:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/31/2003 10:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mike.Hinsley

I have just got a MSI K8D Master-F motherboard, two AMD Opteron 246 CPU's and 2 1GB ECC Registered Corsair memory.

my problem is the motherboard will not power up.

I have a PSU from a Tyan Duel MP 2600+ board with the 24pin SSI and 8pin SSI connector both plugged into the motherboard.

I have tryed installing one and two cpu's with fans connected to cfan1 and cfan2 depending on how many cpu's I had installed. One memory dimm in slot 2, and both in slot 1 and 2 yet when i jumper power switch connector nothing happens under any config. I had nothing else connected other than a monitor and ps2 keyboard and mouse. The cmos bat jumper was set to 1/2 to permit cmos use.

I am wondering are the 246 cpu's not compatable with pc2100 registered memory? or is my mother board just DOA?

Help please
 10/31/2003 12:21 PM

Author Icon
jes

Hi Mike,

That MSI motherboard requires an EPS 12V power supply. Are you sure the one you're using has enough power? (i.e. its not just a "standard" one)

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
http://www.shellprompt.net
Unix & Oracle Web Hosting Provider powered by AMD Opterons
 10/31/2003 12:39 PM

Author Icon
Mike.Hinsley

The PSU Im using isnt a standard ATX one with the 20pin and 4 pin connector on, its got the SSI 24Pin and 8Pin. The board doesnt even attempt to twitch the cpu fans or anything on powerup its all totally dead. Thanks for the question tho
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information