Increase font size
Topic Title: MSI NEO4 Plat Opteron 180
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/28/2006 09:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/28/2006 09:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
a170359

Hello everyone. I needs some help. I purchase a MSI NEO 4 Plat MS-7125 939 mobo and Opteron 180. I got no image. I remove all cd hard drive etc. Try differnt video cards still no image.Try with just processor, 1 stick of ram on the 1st mem slot, and the board,,no video card. Also remove the motherboard from the case still does not post. No beeps. All fans run, but on the MSI mobo have a D-bracket that supposed to help diag an issue. According to the LED on the bracket, the mobo is hang on CPU initialization.......MSI website says this board is comp with the Opteron 180.... but from what i can tell this is not the case. I just want to get opinions or to see if anyone else has had problems like this. Thanks for any help
 11/29/2006 03:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zeppelinrox

quote:

Originally posted by: SuseUser
Hello everyone. I needs some help. I purchase a MSI NEO 4 Plat MS-7125 939 mobo and Opteron 180. I got no image. I remove all cd hard drive etc. Try differnt video cards still no image.Try with just processor, 1 stick of ram on the 1st mem slot, and the board,,no video card. Also remove the motherboard from the case still does not post. No beeps. All fans run, but on the MSI mobo have a D-bracket that supposed to help diag an issue. According to the LED on the bracket, the mobo is hang on CPU initialization.......MSI website says this board is comp with the Opteron 180.... but from what i can tell this is not the case. I just want to get opinions or to see if anyone else has had problems like this. Thanks for any help

i messed up overclocking an MSI k8n neo2 a short while ago and had the same error with the D-Bracket.
Luckily, a new bios chip fixed it as it was corrupted. I had got the replacement pre-programmed/flashed with the bios of my choosing from http://www.badflash.com
it costs $25 but free worldwide shipping

-------------------------

Overclocking Help and Links . Why DRM, BluRay and HD-DVD Blow Great tools-> OC Bible v1.52 and Guidemania v1.2
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information