Increase font size
Topic Title: MSI K8D Master3-133 & Opteron 246
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/31/2006 03:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/31/2006 03:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
iNCOGNiTO_AUS

Hi,

I have a MSI K8D Master3-133 with an Opteron 246 and 4x 512Mb Kingston ECC Registered DDR266 RAM.

The system starts but will not post. The NIC is lit up so thhere is activity however th USB and PS2 ports do not appear to be active (no lights on caps loack, num lock etc on keyboard at power on & no light on USB key).

If I remove the RAM the system will issue the no memory detected beeps.

I at first thought that it was coutning the RAM for ECC, but i've left it on over night and still nothing. The montior is connected to the onboard vid and does not appear to recieve any signal at all.

I read elsewhere somethin gbaou tUSB and PS2 keyboards, pretty desperate so I'll try something here but am yet to do.

I can not see anything that states that any system fans etc need to be connected, but suspect that this may be an issue.

CPU is in socket 1, RAM is installed in 1-4 and have tried 1 and 2 only. Same result.

Any suggestions or assistence would be great!!
 11/30/2006 01:08 PM

Author Icon
sahiljain22

I am having the same issues. No beeps, only the power and hdd light are up. The motherboard displays a code 00. No POST.
quote:

Originally posted by: iNCOGNiTO_AUS
Hi,

I have a MSI K8D Master3-133 with an Opteron 246 and 4x 512Mb Kingston ECC Registered DDR266 RAM.

The system starts but will not post. The NIC is lit up so thhere is activity however th USB and PS2 ports do not appear to be active (no lights on caps loack, num lock etc on keyboard at power on & no light on USB key).

If I remove the RAM the system will issue the no memory detected beeps.

I at first thought that it was coutning the RAM for ECC, but i've left it on over night and still nothing. The montior is connected to the onboard vid and does not appear to recieve any signal at all.

I read elsewhere somethin gbaou tUSB and PS2 keyboards, pretty desperate so I'll try something here but am yet to do.

I can not see anything that states that any system fans etc need to be connected, but suspect that this may be an issue.

CPU is in socket 1, RAM is installed in 1-4 and have tried 1 and 2 only. Same result.

Any suggestions or assistence would be great!!

12/05/2006 05:27 AM

Author Icon
XDUDE

2 things...(at least in my case)

first - All sticks of ram must be REG ECC RAM

2nd - if u are running only 1 CPU on a dual CPU board it should be in socket 0, and the 2nd CPU should be in socket 1

-------------------------
Josh DeHaan
3D Artwork, Inc.
------------------------------------------
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information