Increase font size
Topic Title: Won't Even Boot
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/09/2004 09:55 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/09/2004 09:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mth5112

Have been trying to build a new system with the FX chip and SK8V mobo. Only response has been "System failed CPU test" message through speakers. We returned the first chip and got a new one direct from AMD, but got the same response. Before returning first chip I upgraded power supply to Antec unit w/ 430 watts.

I notice others here having trouble but unregistered memory seems to have been the cause. I went ahead and bought up front the Kingston memory that was certified by Asus for this board, thinking this would reduce possibility of trouble. Right.

Asus has posted Bios updates for the SK8N and notes indicate this sort of problem could occur, but no such update is on their site for the SK8V.

Anybody else having this much trouble with similar system? I'll call Asus tech support when I've got an hour or so to break from work, but I hate the idea that now I'm sending the Mobo back, just switching parts until I get something to work. This stuff is too high end for this much malfunction.
 02/09/2004 09:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mth5112

Sorry all, meant to post in the AMD64 section.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information